• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Camera Help

METALHEADxxLEE

Standard Member
Hey guys im thinking of getting a new camera for recording drum covers. My current camera is a Toshiba Camileo S20 which is good for quality but i cannot get the whole drum kit in the shot. I found a old Hitachi HDC 651E and i can get the whole kit in with it but quality is terrible and the batterys only last 10 mins in it.

i dont know alot about cameras but what kind of lense would i need ie 35mm or smaller? it would preferably need to be HD or have decent video quality and would need to be able to capture fast movement example me drumming.

Help would be great guys, thanks.

shotokan101

Banned
Check out the Samsung WB610 on offer from Jessops at the moment - buy via Topcashback - even on reserve/collect - and get some extra cash rebated...

Be aware though that most UK spec digital stills cameras will be restricted to less than 30mins clips....

JIm

METALHEADxxLEE

Standard Member
Check out the Samsung WB610 on offer from Jessops at the moment - buy via Topcashback - even on reserve/collect - and get some extra cash rebated...

Be aware though that most UK spec digital stills cameras will be restricted to less than 30mins clips....

JIm

Thanks for info, anyone have any other suggestions before i purchase?

Jammyb

Prominent Member
The audio on any budget compact is going to be poor, something to bear in mind.

I don't think there are any cheap models with an external mic option.

If it's for home recording would you be better buying a decent webcam and mic and recording direct to your PC?

METALHEADxxLEE

Standard Member
The audio on any budget compact is going to be poor, something to bear in mind.

I don't think there are any cheap models with an external mic option.

If it's for home recording would you be better buying a decent webcam and mic and recording direct to your PC?

Yes i know i have microphones for the drums which i will then sync the audio with video so sound quality on the camera wont be an issue.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom