Camera for Rabbit Guinea pigs

elsmore1

Standard Member
Hi,
I am looking to buy an outdoor IP camera to fit inside our guinea pig hutch to be able to view them with our kids so bit of fun watching them as they have just had babies. Not too sure as not brought one before but I think I need night vision, IP not just SD card, power is fine as I have an outdoor socket, wireless is good though I can run some CAT5 to the camera if needed. Not sure I need microphone, but will need continuous viewing so we can look at them with the kids when out of the house. I hope its clear what I need just a basic camera for a bit of fun just a bit unsure what I need, as long as it good closer up. If its a good budget one at least I would have experience and better placed if I want a better one in the future. Any advice appreciated, thanks!

Seb Briggs

Distinguished Member
Most IP cameras do all of that , if possible I would recommend a wired cat5/6 cable with Poe (power over Ethernet) so you only need one cable .

What kind of budget are you thinking ?

elsmore1

Standard Member
Hi,
I do have an old Cisco POE switch from my old work which I can use for POE, of course an adaptor could work well so that would be an option, I have external CAT5 cable as well so I can run from an adaptor from the house. I would say under £100 as its just for the guinea pigs and a bit of a fun thing to do. I wont be expecting to link up other cameras, just be fun to seem them from an app when out of the house.
Thanks

Seb Briggs

Distinguished Member
I use Uniview as they are pro cameras but not too pricey and have a good app . Let me see what would be best for your scenario

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom