Camera does not automatically connect after Windows 8 Refresh?

Maverick777

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I used the Windows 8 Refresh and like many others I seem to have lost all the important files. Where as I could simply connect my Camera and it would automatically connect now it does't . AVG, I Tunes, Abi all lost. How can I restore the automatic connection etc? I can't even use the tool bar AVForums when writing a message?

Thanks

Hi All,

I used the Windows 8 Refresh and like many others I seem to have lost all the important files. Where as I could simply connect my Camera and it would automatically connect now it does't . AVG, I Tunes, Abi all lost. How can I restore the automatic connection etc? I can't even use the tool bar AVForums when writing a message?

Thanks
I've never heard of Windows 8 Refresh, but, you could try the following the get your camera connected automatically.

Control Panel > Default Programs > Change AutoPlay Settings
Then scroll down to "Devices" and maybe alter the settings for your camera.

If the above doesn't work, you could try:
Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
Then right click on the camera and delete it.
(Maybe reboot as well).
When you reconnect your camera, it should detect it again and hopefully all will be well.

Good luck :smashin:

Hi All,

Thanks

With Windows 8 refresh you will be given a list of apps that are removed during the process. These get saved to your desktop.

It tells you this:

refresh-your-pc.jpg

So itunes and the likes are removed during this process.

Connect your camera and go to devices. Bring up the run command and type 'devmgmt.msc' what does it show ????

Why do people feel the need to connect a camera directly ???? :confused:

When I go to devices it just shows Devices, Nothing to Start. If cut and past devmgmt.msc into search, it comes up under 'apps' it opens up Device Manager. I tried to carry out what Some Bloke suggested, without success.

What make and model is the camera?

John

In our household we have the following:

Panasonic TZ8
Panasonic G3#

Prior to the refresh, just connected and it automatically downloaded. Can't find any drivers:-

- DMC-TZ8 - Overview - Panasonic UK & Ireland

LUMIX Digital Cameras - LUMIX G Compact System Cameras - DMC-G3 - Overview - Panasonic UK & Ireland

NB:I'm not entirely convinced the issue is with the cameras.

When I go to devices it just shows Devices, Nothing to Start. If cut and past devmgmt.msc into search, it comes up under 'apps' it opens up Device Manager. I tried to carry out what Some Bloke suggested, without success.

Can you take a screen capture of device manager with your camera connected ???

Can you also go to control panel / devices and printers and what does that show ????

I maybe that the device needs updated for it to work again or maybe your usb drivers need to be installed again. Windows 8 should prompt you and it will update them for you.

I've tried the update option, and it says everything is upto date. I'm in the wrong job as I've managed to sabotage my own laptop.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom