Camera docking station not viewing on LCD TV

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Max Payne, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Max Payne

Max Payne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Camera docking station not viewing on LCD TV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This might seem to be in the wrong thread, but read further and it might be more appropriate in this forum?

I looking for some help.

My father in law has a 32" LG LCD HD Ready etc tv and purchased a standard digital camera (HP 735) as he wanted to connect and view his pictures on the TV, and as the camera didn't have av out ..I bought him on of these:

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:HP Pho...NlYwNzaWJzcGVj

Its basically a camera docking station that connects to the tv via component leads (visual and sound). The problem that Im having is that I can view the camera on the tv through DVI570 (I think), but it is seriously fuzzy and in black and white?? I think I have tried everything, but can't seem to get it working correctly.
    I have changed the TV setting to "received componet" and have changed the camera to output to a PAL set (its factory settings are NTSC) and this is mentioned in the camera's instructions

Can anyone help - I can post any detailed spec's of the TV/Camera as required?

2. RBZ5416

RBZ5416
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,228
    Your link doesn't work so I can't see what this dock is. However, I've never seen a dock that outputs component, only composite.

This view of the 735 suggests that it does indeed have AV output (Fig. 2 - 6) so I'm even more confused.