• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Camelot Unchained - kickstarter MMO

aslird

Distinguished Member
Camelot Unchained

The natural and spiritual successor to probably the best ( in my view) pvp mmo that has been released (Dark Age of Camelot).

Camelot Unchained is a subscription-based, RvR-focused MMORPG. RvR is an acronym for Realm vs. Realm® (this term is a registered trademark of Electronic Arts), which we call TriRealm™ for the interaction of the three main realms.
·The game will feature RvR-based leveling tracks for all classes. No PvE (player vs. environment) -based leveling, loot drops or other such systems are currently planned. All leveling will come from engaging in the game’s RvR-based systems, whether by fighting other players, capturing objectives, and/or crafting objects to help in RvR.
·You will have the choice of playing any realm on each of the game’s servers except that you may play only characters from the same realm on any single server. In other words, one server = one realm.
·Our subscription tiers will be based on players' individual choices regarding participation, but will be less than the current accepted norm for MMORPGs.

It is quite a niche game ( as DAOC was), hence the subscription based model.

Camelot Unchained

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
I was a big DAOC player back in the day, and I think that bar Ultima Online before they killed it with the care-bear rules, DAOC was the single best MMORPG ever (especially when they launched Darkness Falls).

As much as I love PvP though, PvE remains an important part of these games and just think this will end up being DAOC 2-Lite. Personally, I can't wait for elder scrolls online :)

DeanE

Distinguished Member
I have to agree that even though the focus in DAoC was RvR, it still had a PvE element and removing that completely is a mistake imho. Also, I am very surprised that they have opted to go down the subscription based route, another huge mistake.

dcraggs

Wow.. Daoc ;) that brings some memories.. The hours I spent on that.. 2 accounts with 5 level 50s. Have never really rediscovered the same level of game..

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
Me too:) Slie Sneakiepimp, Level 50 Infiltrator and Custarrd Creams, Level 50 Healer (buff-bot). I'm hoping Elder Scrolls Online will recapture some of the DAOC magic...

aslird

Distinguished Member
The PVE in DAOC was really a means to the end - the main focus of that game was the RVR combat, either group vs group, or solo stuff (or ganking in Darkness Falls :p). I will keep an eye on this tho, though the release date is a long time away (end of 2015).

dcraggs

But you still had to work in teams... I remember the days of hunting goblins in caves in hib.. Just to get to level 10!! Lol never mind then the time spent in Atlantis..

Best character for me was a level 50 bard... Used to drop into realm v realm just to go hunting alone throwing mezz out at random hunting parties.

Actually thought about re opening my accounts about a year ago.. Lol.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom