1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camcorder with AV in and LANC??

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Kenf, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Kenf

Kenf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I am looking for a camcorder with AV in and LANC to act as a VTR to record from a bullet type camera. Sony do make camcoders that almost do the job however they have changed the way the camcorders can be switched on. In the past I used a PC100E and also a Canon 450i, but sony have changed the way you switch on their camcorders they are now switched on in camera mode then you press the button again to go into VTR mode. I need to leave the camcorder in Standby in VTR mode. Canon have removed LANC from most of their Camcorders, so I can't use theirs.
    Can any one please help me by suggesting a Camcorder that can do the job??
    I have searched all over but the only solution would be to use a sony deck VTR but there are really expensive compared to a Camcorder.
    Thanks
    Kenf

2. bcnet

bcnet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought the lanc remote control from

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/helmet_cameras.htm

about 2/3rds of the way down. £45 + vat + p&p. Don't know if that's of any help? Haven't tried it out, but am connecting it to my DCR-HC40 sony cam tonight to try it all out.

The only problem i've got with the Sony is that it's got a proprietrary Sony connector (ie. not the standard 3.5mm jack), so the supplied lead sticks out the side. I'm worried this is going to get broken when I take it snowboarding. I've tried everywhere to source a right-angle jack or somewhere that could make me one. The best i've got so far is a replacement lead from Sony for £20 which I could hack-up. I'll post a question in a separate thread to avoid hijacking :)

Bryan.

3. Kenf

Kenf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Bryan
    Thanks for the reply. Can you switch the camcorder into VTR standby mode with this device?
    Regards
    Kenf

4. bcnet

bcnet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Kenf,

All I can say is absolutely brilliant! I've tried out all the kit tonight. You'll find details of the lanc sport kit at

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/lanc_sports.htm

Which includes a pdf of the manual you get. You switch the cam on in the normal way to start with, then use the remote button to record/pause. Hold down for a couple of secs and it switches off completely. Hold down for a couple of secs again and it switches itself on and sets the cam mode, ready to click record on it. You don't have to touch the cam!

Found rfconcepts really good - ordered it yesterday before 2pm and came this morning.