1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camcorder User review of JVC GR DVX25

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by NAU, Dec 8, 2003.

1. NAU

NAU

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm confused - not an unusual thing !

I'm looking for a cheap-ish DV camcorder, got to be fairly small and its got to have DV-in, otherwise I'm fairly open to specs etc.

I picked up a couple magazines from Smiths on Saturday and lo and behold there's a review of a DVX25 model - and it looks just perfect. However when I try to find one on the web all I can find is a DX25 which doesn't seem to have DV-in.

Has Camcorder User messed up? Or is this a new model? Or indeed an old one?

(Incidentally What Camcorder also reviews a DX25 which deffo doesn't have DV-in!)

2. virgola

virgola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    GR-DX 25 seems infact to only have DV OUT
    According to my sources JVC GR-DX35 HAS DVin/out

3. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A search on the JVC website ( www.jvc.co.uk ) returns NO information on a GR-DVX25 it doesn't exist on the JVC website, the only model featured on the JVC website is the GR-DX25 which only has DV-out.

As you say in the review of the Camcorder in Camcorder user it does say DV-in/out but in the specifications published at the back of the magazine it now says DV-out only. so they are not consistant in the one magazine.

Also in the magazine is an advert for www.letsgodigital.co.uk where they are offering a GR-DVX25 but do not give a specification, however if you visit that website you get nothing if you search for DVX25 but can find a DX25 which is DV-out only.

It seems that somebody at JVC is doing their very best to throw confusion all around.

4. virgola

virgola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. NAU

NAU

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx for the help - I think I'll give up on this one, as I suspect its a messup at the magazine.

6. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wouldn't be the first one

7. Frenchie

Frenchie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think that in the UK, you have:

- JVC GR-DX25EK: DV Out only, WITHOUT SD Card
    - JVC GR-DX95EK: DV Out & DV In, WITH SD Card

8. Frenchie

Frenchie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found the JVC GR-DX25EK: DV Out only, WITHOUT SD Card for £322.50 at www.pantheronline.co.uk where you can buy directly in store.
    You won't find a cheaper compact camcorder.

Zoom (optical) is 16X.