1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camcorder Tripod - for easy Traveling

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Iain Chapman, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Iain Chapman

Iain Chapman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi All,

Can anyone recommend / point me in the direction of a Camcorder Tripod - that collapses nice and small - hence becomes easy to carry / travel with.

I'm not looking for the ability to make 'professional' shots - purely something to mount my Camcorder onto to film canival type sences, hence saving my aching arm!

Thanks

Iain Chapman

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    If you just want something to take the weight of your camcorder, especially in a buisy street etc, then I think you would be better off getting a monopod. These will be far smaller than any tripod and a lot lighter to carry around.

Mark.

3. Quilgy

Quilgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I just bought a Miranda TP25 tripod from Dixons for £20. Fully collapsed it is very small, about 30cm long and very light (0.7kg) with quite a small head. Don't expect to do any good panning on it, and it is at about mid-chest level at full extension (125cm) - but as you ask, it will do the job for travelling needs, and fits nicely in a rucksack or shoulder bag.