1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

camcorder to video ??

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by shauny1, Jan 23, 2003.

1. shauny1

shauny1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello at the moment i have to download from the cam to the computer edit then upload the finished work to the cam then download from cam to the video a) it takes a long time b) it wears out the cam
    so is there a way / or cable to conect the computrt with the finished work direct into the video
    a specail lead or cable ?
    i have a samsung vp -d77i with dv in / out and an av out hole(whats this for ??)

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The AV out 'hole' will be to plug the cam straight into the telly.

You'll need some AV out from your graphics (or capture) card in the computer - probably a phono yellow video lead and red/white stereo leads from your sound card.

These will plug into your VCR (or a scart converter first)

If you're using a graphics card then you'll have to run your editied (AVI I presume) full screen. What ever appears on the screen will go down the cable to the VCR.

If you have a dedicated video capture card, or break out box. Using the print to tape option configured to use the composite output connection and it will send the video to the vcr.

3. shauny1

shauny1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for info looked around back of computer no yellow red white" holes"
    only usb firewire

4. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're going to have to buy an additional PCI card or usb breakout box in order to get a video feed out of the pc to your vcr.

Alternativly replace the grpahics card with one that supports tv-out. depending on the manufacture of the pc or motherboard this may not be possible - to keep costs down some times the AGP graphics card is built onto the motherboard.

If I get time I'll have a browse around if you can't find anything.

This will still be cheaper than using your heads on the cam - I think I've bust mine and its a few hundred spondoolies to get them replaced so spending about a £100 is better economically in the long run.

5. shauny1

shauny1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats what i was thinking 1 hour of tape is about 4 hours wear
    my computer has tv out = nvidia nv17 64mb tv out graphics card its a compaq presario 6097 ea

6. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You say its got a TV out. How does that plug into your telly?

Can this lead not plug into the vcr.

If its anything like my laptop (oops, sorry, the wifes Christmas present ;) ) then its a cabel that ends up with tweo phono connectors and an S-video lead.

You'll need a converter to make that compatible with your vcr if it doesn't accept an s-video feed.

if not what conenction is it?