Camcorder to RAM to -R question

Johndm

Doing some experimenting with new DV camcorder..:smashin:

So I copy from camcorder to Panasonic E60 with a Firewire, to a RAM disc. All fine so far!

Now, if I then put the RAM disc into my RA82 player, and edit down back to the E60 onto -R via SCART connection, does this transfer remain digital?

Would the ultimate quality be achieved by editing direct to -R from the camcorder?

regards

MarkE19

A scart is an analogue connection, therefore the signal is analogue, and therefore there is loss of quality.
Yes, IMHO if you record directly to a DVD-R you will get a better quality recording. How much better depends on the quality of the equipment and cables.

Mark.

Johndm

Originally posted by MarkE19
A scart is an analogue connection, therefore the signal is analogue, and therefore there is loss of quality.
Yes, IMHO if you record directly to a DVD-R you will get a better quality recording. How much better depends on the quality of the equipment and cables.

Mark.
So would it be better to transfer from camcorder to PC via firewire, edit then burn to -R with the computer?

If so, which editing software would you recommend?

MarkE19

Yes, thats the way I do it.

Editing software is largely down to choice and budget. I use Adobe Premiere, but that is far more powerful than most people (icluding me) will ever need. The favorite here seems to be Pinnacle Studio 9. This is a complete package that will do everything from capture all the way through to burning a DVD.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom