Camcorder to PC cables / editing software question

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by focus_driver, May 4, 2007.

1. focus_driver

focus_driver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a new Panasonic NV-GS80EB-S [minidv] camcorder and had it delivered to my address in the UK. However, it's not supplied with a cable to connect to a pc or any software. So what cable do I need to buy [I'm abroad for the next 5 weeks and need to have the cable arrive before I get back to the UK, so I can't read the instruction manual!]

And what video editing software is about? What are the good programs, and are there any freeware ones. I don't mind paying if I need to.

Thanks guys and gals.

2. sassan22

sassan22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You would need a firewire cable 4 pin to 4 pin or 4 pin to 6 pin. Depending on your computer. If you use a laptop, then most likely the 4 pin to 4 pin would be right. Regarding the software, I would suggest Sony Vegas. You can download a trial version and use it for 30 days. If you like it, then you can buy it online.

Sassan

3. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    You can do basic editing with windows movie maker which you have if you have XP . Other than that there are several software editors you can download the one already mentioned or adobe premiere elements . Ulead movie studio, Magix movie editor all do much the same some easier to use than others some better or dearer/cheaper. .Its something you have to suck and see as we are all a bit biased towards our own

4. felix2

felix2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    See the list here. Good luck! :)