1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camcorder to Hitachi projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by THOWD FELLA, Feb 6, 2004.

1. THOWD FELLA

THOWD FELLA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used an Hitachi CP - X328t projector together with a vcr via svhs last night in the village hall and was not too impressed with the quality. I should add I am new to projectors and this was the first time I have used one. I don't have dvd but the video I was showing came from a camcorder originally (dv).
    Could anyone tell me if I could connect a camcorder direct using the firewire (dv) output from the cam? There is a usb input on the hitachi and component video, as well as what looks like a serial socket for rgb. Advice would be appreciated.

2. THOWD FELLA

THOWD FELLA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Early advice on the above would be appreciated. Is there no-one out there who can help?

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    USB connections on PJs are for service access - firmware upgraging/calibration etc...

AFAIK, no PJ can accept a firewire signal. The "serial" type connector you mention is most likely a VGA socket for connection to a PC (standard PC connection).

Component will yield the best results (after VGA).

Probably not much help but it at least is a start.

Best of luck :)

4. THOWD FELLA

THOWD FELLA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for your reply. Looks like I need a dvd sooner than I thought.

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No problem.

Have a look in the DVD player forum - lots of decent players available now for reasonable money.

:smoke:

6. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If you have a laptop with a firewire port and VGA out socket you could use this to bridge between the camcorder and the projector. Bit of an expensive solution if you do not already own one though.