1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camcorder to DVD

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Dennis Leighton, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Dennis Leighton

Dennis Leighton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Hi All,

I asked a question similar to that which I am posing now sometime ago but as a non-techie 'Silver Surfer' I need it spelling out again just so that I know what I should be looking for. I get so confused with DVD CD'rs etc., I have a Sony Digital 8 camcorder and a great number of VHS tapes which I would like to put on to disc. What DVD will allow me to record to disc I have tried to do this via my P.C. but got hopelessly confused. Alternatively is there any Shop (such as Jessops) which would allow a demonstration.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

2. aaronjon

aaronjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi dennis,
    you may get more help from the guys in the dvd recorder section just up above this one.
    imho, using your pc is the way to go, as the editing using a standalone recorder is very limited, but if its just a straight transfer then your ok.

3. Dennis Leighton

Dennis Leighton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Many thanks for your help. I now realise that I posted to the wrong Forum - I must be more senile than I thought!!