1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camcorder to DVD or VHS

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by TomStuart, Oct 16, 2002.

1. TomStuart

TomStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CAn anyone please tell me if it is possible to record directly to a DVD or VHS tape from a digital camcorder without having first to copy from the camcorder tape?

2. kevenh

kevenh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could use a camcorder as a live feed to a vhs recorder.

Or buy a camcorder that uses dvd disks as the recording media. I think I've seen these discussed here at avforums! :confused:

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,388
    Most (if not all) digital camcorders will have standard phono outputs (analog) that can connect directly to a VCR/standalone DVD.
    To go to DVD (digital) you will need either a standalone DVD recorder with a firewire input, or a pc with a firewire card and DVD recorder. You can get a firewire card from places such as ebuyer for around £30. You will need to be running Windows 98SE or better. Most MACs have a built in firewire card.
    I am not sure if firewire outputs directly from the camera, but can see no reason why it wouldn't.:confused:

4. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Yes, you can.