1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camcorder recommendations???

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by ascomdog, Jul 25, 2004.

1. ascomdog

ascomdog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I realise that you've probably been through this scenario 'a thousand times', but I'm going around in circles.

I'm going away in a weeks time, & I'm hoping to have a new camcorder by then. I'm hoping to spend approx. £350-£400 (max). Obviously, PQ, ease of use etc are top of the list, as well as being able to transfer form camera to dvd with relative ease.

This dummmy needs help!

Cheers

Ascom.

2. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +877
    Would always recommend Sony for Digital Camcorders - have just purchased a DCR-HC40 myself and waiting for it to arrive. One recommendation I would make is that you go for one with DV in/out. I know you plan to store your videos on DVD but DVD-R's might not be that long lasting, so you also want to be able to store your videos back to tape on the camera, for which you will need DV in.

Best of luck in your search.

3. geewhy5668

geewhy5668

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi ive just bought the panasonic nvgs55b and its amazing
    im impressed that it is dv in/out and av in/out
    i had saved my wedding vid onto a dvd+ thru a very poor philips dvdr 800 then the dvdr broke after six months
    i transfered the vob files onto my hard drive and burned them onto a dvd- disc
    i want to edit and author my wedding vid
    so i plugged the nvgs55 into my asda pacific dvd player and recorded the vid onto the camcorder, then i captured it into adobe prem plus 7 and the quality is superb. now i can edit it with background music and transitons then author it and burn onto dvd.
    the still camera isnt good and but that may be the settings i have it on apart from that for 374 pounds its a steal. go ahead buy it
    :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

4. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Hi, I have just purchased the JVD GR-D73 and am very pleased with it. Just watched my first footage on the TV and am well impressed.

Paid £377 (Best match against internet price) at Jesops and they also gave me 5 tapes at 1/2 price. Camera is available from UK internet sites at about £333 buying it takes 14 days to deliver of if you pay £20 next day so for an extra £25 I felt it worthwhile getting from Jesops and confidence that if it gors wrong I can go back to a shop.

Try looking here - http://www.simplydv.co.uk/simplyBB/