Camcorder Recommendations Please!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Mad Matt, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Mad Matt

Mad Matt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I'm new. I was wondering if anyone could help me; my S-VHS-C camcorder is almost a decade old now, and I'm finally planning to go digital. Eventually I would like to get a semi-professional-level video camera, but as I've already been waiting quite a while to upgrade, I've decided to get a 'stop-gap' camera, so I can make better quality home videos and experiment with non-linear editing while I save up for a top of the range effort. So basically, I would like recommendations for the cheapest, best-performing camera out there - with S-Video input so that I can transfer my old camera tapes to digital and from there into my computer (which only has firewire input). Thanks for your time; I look forward to reading your replies!

P.S. I've always had Panasonic cameras in the past, but I don't mind which brand so long as the image quality is excellent and the price cheap!

P.P.S. What is the cheapest 3CCD camera available at the moment? And how does the picture quality compare to the best single CCD cameras?

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Well there is a well priced 3CCD Panasonic which may be for you.

1CCD vs 3CCD

This varies some people automatically assume 3CCD must be better but I am certain there is an overlap and that a good 1CCD is preferable to a poor 3CCD.

I have a good 1CCD

3. Mad Matt

Mad Matt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Martin! (What camera do you have by the way?)

Anyone else have any suggestions?

4. zoo

zoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiu Mad Matt, I have a Sony VX 2100 with an external Scheinser Mic, been very good so far, I am thinking of selling it for business reasons so if you are intrested please email me!