1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camcorder recomendations

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Tomo1971, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Tomo1971

Tomo1971
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Guys,

At the moment I have a Pana MiniDV camcorder. Its quite an older one but has served me well.

The two problems I find with it is a) its size and b) the still pics it takes go onto the tape and are not of the best quality at all.

I also use a Fuji FinePix digi camera (6m pixel thing) that I am really impressed with and use that for all my stills.

Now, If the camcorder was a) smaller and b) could take better quality stills then I would probably use it more cos its easier to carry round than my current one (much more like taking out the digi cam).

So, have you any suggestions for a camcorder that matces this criteria?

I notice JVC have a new one out (GX-5, or something) that says it uses pixel shift to get near 5m pixels. Is this any good, whats the pic quality like on stills?

Also whats the story on the DVD format on camcorders now? Any better than using DV tape, drawbacks/advantages?

Thanks, Steve

2. Tomo1971

Tomo1971
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Bounce!