1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camcorder for the significant other

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Carri, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Carri

Carri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused: - :rolleyes: I've decided to buy a camcorder for the other 'alf but know very little about them except what I've read (a lot of which goes straight over).

He's not had a camcorder before, isn't techi and will want to keep things simple, for family use.

I think it should have: LCD screen, not too big, not too tiny buttons, be able to copy off to PC/DVD as well as Video tape/show on TV, won't need DV In, good picture/sound quality, image stabilizer - what else should it have?

Lastly I don't want to spend a fortune.

Can any of you out there recommend anything?

Desperate of London.

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Well I'd say DV In is important. If you want to edit your footage on computer & put it back to tape you'll need the DV in on your camera.

You want to get a camera that you can use to run your VHS etc through in order to get that onto a PC as well. (It will then act as a simple deck to digitise your old analog footage)

Sony TRV33 looks good (haven't used one myself but specs look good). You need to go & pick some up. (It has to feel comfortable !)

Depends what you call a fortune ?

I generally like Sony cameras & own one myself (more expensive model though)