camcorder - counter/date?

thelonious

Standard Member
hi
does anyone know of any camcorders that will put the date and counter on the recording? ie when i play back my recording on my DVD player the date and counter is in the corner of the screen. it has to be a counter not the time of day.
thanks for any help
thelonious

redsox_mark

Novice Member
With some old analog camcorders, you could record the timecode and/or datecode as part of the video.

With digital camcorders, this info is recorded digitally on the tape, not burned into the video. When playing from the camcorder itself there are generally options to display this.

If you are editing, there is some free software here which takes the timecode and/or datecode and can display them as part of the video.
http://paul.glagla.free.fr/dvdate_en.htm

datecode= the date (and time of day) the recording was made
timecode= the counter on the tape

thelonious

Standard Member
Hi Mark
thanks for your reply.
what im looking to do is make a video of about 10 mintues long and burn that straight on to a DVD using either a DVD camcorder or by using a camcorder connected to a DVD recorder. is software my only option to get a timecode and datecode on to the DVD disc? are there any DVD recorders that do this?
thanks again
thelonious

redsox_mark

Novice Member
If the camcorder has an option to display the timecode/date code information on the analogue video output (my Sony HC1 has this option), then you can turn this info on and use the analogue input (not Firewire) to your DVD recorder. As the time code counter is part of the analogue video your DVD recorder will record it.

I believe this option (DISP OUTPUT) exists on most Sony cams (for example I looked at the DVD106 and it has the same option). I think it is also common on other makes but it may have a different name.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom