1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camcorder as webcam ?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by HMHB, May 29, 2003.

1. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,757
    I'm currently using a Logitech 3000 pro webcam to update a webpage every 40 seconds with a view out of my window into the back garden.Pond Cam
    What I would like to do is to walk outside with a camcorder (or whatever you suggest) and be able to see the image I'm filming in the lcd display and also use that to create the image for the web page. I can currently change the frequency that the jpeg is uploaded to every couple of seconds by using conquercam.
    Is there anything on the market that would allow me to do this ? It wouldn't be a big problem if it needed a long firewire cable as I only want to walk around the garden.

2. Duster

Duster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I know the Panny MX 500 can be used as a web cam, not sure if you can see the image in the LCD display, as I dont own one.

Nice pond:D

3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,757
    Cheers - I'll do a bit of investigation on the model.
    The idea is that I could use it for remote diagnosis if I had a problem with a fish but I would obviously need to be able to see what I'm pointing at !

4. Duster

Duster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

The Panny MX500 is a top of the range cam, but i'm sure you can get cheaper cams that can be used as web cams.

5. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,757
    It seems as though it's possible to do so I think I need to look around at different options. Thanks for the info.