1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camcorder as VCR (+PAL/NTSC worry)

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by doofer, Sep 10, 2002.

1. doofer

doofer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there. I would like to record & playback video in the field - a real field, no kidding, I want to record from a camera in a model aircraft.

Can anyone help me:

1. The obvious solution is a camcorder with analogue IN (composite video). These seem thin on the ground. Anyone know of a cheap one?

2. I note the NTSC/PAL distinction - should I worry if I'm only using the composite video input/output?

3. I am considering using LCD glasses (eg. SONY Glasstron - Cool? Naff? Well, visible on a sunny day at least), which have 'composite video in' terminals, but again reference is made to NTSC. Do I need to worry about this, or is composite video composite video (beyond the extra lines in a PAL, 625 vs. 525 in NTSC)?

Sorry if this sounds confused, but it's for the usual reason...

2. Jonny B Goode

Jonny B Goode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

What?

What are you using, and plan to do with your footage?

I don't understand what your concern is. What do you think you might have to worry about?