1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camcorder advice

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by leesbriggs, Jan 22, 2004.

1. leesbriggs

leesbriggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'm after a camcorder for the old fella. He says he doesn't want to spend more much more than £300. He also wants to be able to take still pictures with it as well. As it's January, I thought it would be a good time to look as the sales are on.

I was looking at the Sony trv14. Looks nice enough. Good price (about £319)

Can anyone suggest any others and also the best prices? Thanks alot for your help.

Lee.

2. den911

den911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the sony trv14 is the best you wil get for £300 . £319 at jessops with half price tapes if you want stills you would be better not paying the extra £100 for the next model up (low res and not worth it )buy a digital camera for £100 min 1.3 mega pix

3. leesbriggs

leesbriggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. Anyone else got any comments? I looked on the jessops site and the TRV14 is £349.

4. den911

den911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i paid £319 at the blackburn branch (comet were slling it for for same price so i used there price match policy ) i would try that . just checked reciept and i did pay £319 . good luck