1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cambrige Audio M1 and Angel ?!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by filipe, Sep 26, 2001.

1. filipe

filipe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just saw in what hi-fi mag a remote control called Angel which looks identical to the cambrige audio M1, except the name printed on it.

Are they really the same?<br />Richer Sounds also have a sony one (blue LCD touchscreen and butons, is it better or worse than the CA?<br />Cheers<br />Fil

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277

3. burkey

burkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    About one year ago I purchased the cambridge audio remote from richer sounds . It is the same as the angel but with another name . I would not recomend you buy either of them . After owning mine for just over a year rhe remote lost all of its memory, all my had work lost . I have spoken to various retail outlets who have heard of the same problem with this remote .I now own a phillips pronto which can be obtained for £140 on various web sites . This control is the business and has far more scope especially when linked up to a PC . Save a few extra pounds and get the pronto ??&gt;

4. KAO

KAO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used to own an Angel and I found it very useful. However, you can't rename any of the 'buttons' on screen and I found it didn't have a very good IR range. It's not a patch on the Pronto (but then it's not intended to be).

[ 28-09-2001: Message edited by: Keith ]</p>