Question Cambridgetvs.co.uk

paul.w

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys, has anyone heard of, or used cambridgetvs.co.uk before.
I’m looking to purchase a tv in their sale, but I haven’t come across them before today and I can’t find any on line reviews.
Cheers in advance.

I'd be wary if they've just popped up from nowhere.

They also have Samsung KS models in stock, when everywhere else sold out nigh on a year ago. Questionable as to whether this stock is new.

Prices also seem too good to be true.

It looks like another scam site I’m afraid, the domain name was registered 3 days ago to a p.o.box address.
I smellled a rat when they didn’t accept credit card or PayPal payments, they wanted you to pay via direct bank transfer!!!
Beware everyone.

I smellled a rat when they didn’t accept credit card or PayPal payments, they wanted you to pay via direct bank transfer!!

If you’d mentioned this in your original post I could’ve told you it was a scam,

If you’d mentioned this in your original post I could’ve told you it was a scam,
I didn’t know this when I asked the original question, I’ve spent Some time doing some homework on them, and decided to put an item in their basket to see what the payment process was, and bob’s your uncle.

Hmm. I got very excited and placed an order but got suspicious at the checkout to find they don’t accept credit cards so I didn’t pay.

They’re not registered with companies house and older copies of the web site are missing from Wayback Machine

Pretty sure it’s a scam...

Hmm. I got very excited and placed an order but got suspicious at the checkout to find they don’t accept credit cards so I didn’t pay.

They’re not registered with companies house and older copies of the web site are missing from Wayback Machine

Pretty sure it’s a scam...
Agree the other clue is the web address is not https I.e. it starts http.

Might be worth seeing if you can get RS to price match ?? Who knows you might get lucky !!

There were a spate of these earlier when I was looking for a down jacket. From memory I think the address was in Cambridge as well

Hi,
I paid for LG 60” from Cambridgetvs.co.uk, but I think this site is fake. They don’t accept credit cards. I tried to send many emails, but they just couldn’t be sent. I tried to call them to ask why they didn’t deliver the tv, but no one answered. I lost £ 480 !

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear that luv4e. Did you get your money back?

Did you ask your bank and report to police as well as trading standards?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom