1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cambridge79-h56

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by BuLLiTT12, Jul 29, 2005.

1. BuLLiTT12

BuLLiTT12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i'm hoping someone can help me with my problem. I have recently bought a cambridge dv79 to match my themescene H56 using the DVI connection, i'm using approx.20 feet of 15 pin d-sub cable with dvi-15pin d-sub converters at either end.at the moment all i get is the pj telling me i'm getting an analogue connection in all the output modes of the dvd player but NO picture!! Is my cambridge not working correctly or is it to do with the length/configoration of the cable? :cool: :confused:

2. stripe

stripe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Can't you use the VGA connector? You won't loose much in term of PQ. DVI suffers after 7.5m even though you are using vga and converting to DVI, if you want to use DVI you will need to buy a high quality cable, which no doubt will cost a few scheckles.

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    I use the 15m Lindy cable with no probs and it doesn't cost the earth...PJ :)

4. scoobysti

scoobysti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
  5. BuLLiTT12

BuLLiTT12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thx scoob, its interesting tho frustrating if the h56 is not 'industry standard'. surely their blurb;'HDTV (480p, 576p, 1080i, 720p compatable)' is misleading or down right lies as is 'HDTV compatable'?. will get in touch with them on monday to find out the score.

6. tahirti3

tahirti3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    don't know about your player,but all the ones i have seen only output a digital signal from their dvi output(dvi-d).this means your 15 pin connection wont work as this is only for analogue rgb or componant.this is ok at pj end but no good at player end

7. scoobysti

scoobysti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    that certainly makes sense :thumbsup:

8. BuLLiTT12

BuLLiTT12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :smashin: thx tahirti & scoob & sripe & PJT, the problem WAS the 15 pin d-sub cable...with a proper DVI-D cable it worked 1st time. however there must be an issue with the H56 'cos it wont correctly display the 720p mode...only half a screen would you believe! otherwise the exercise was well worth the effort - the picture via dvi-d at 576p is super smooth :thumbsup: