Cambridge Minx Min11 / Generic small 2.0 small speaker advice

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by handel, Mar 13, 2013.

1. handel

handel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All - after a bit of advice really. I'll start by apologising as it isn't a particularly expensive setup and it's not even surround. In fact what follows will no doubt be regarded as audiophile heresy.

I'm in a small flat and my Amp and computer are now on the same side of the room. I'm currently using a cheap Cambridge Audio A1 to drive a pair of Mordaunt Short 902s which produced decent results considering the minimal outlay. Pop/Rock/Alt/Piano etc music being played and not bothered about surround for movies etc

I want to add speakers to the desktop, but it seems a bit of a waste to buy a decent powered 2.0 setup. In any case that market is entirely weighted towards overly bassy 2.1 setups which just aren't relevant in my situation (not needed for my choice in music and not going to be tolerable for the neighbours)

As a solution I was going to buy a decent QED speaker switch and a couple Minx Min11's for the PC. Is this going to produce absolutely horrible results and what alternatives do I have for under £150? The plan would be to upgrade the Amp at a later date to something with proper independent outputs. Space is important on the desk and I can't fit a standard bookshelf speaker pair on there - hence me looking at the min11.

Thanks in advance for any advice. :p

2. handel

handel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies, should probably be moved to "What Speakers Should I Buy?"