1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cambridge M1 remote - any experienced users out there?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by SanPedro, Jan 23, 2001.

1. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +503
    Hi all,
    Been trying to get to grips with Cambridge Audio's M1 all in one remote. Cannot for life of me get the macros to work as the manual is crap. (and Cambridge aren't taking any emails). There's a chunk of text missing explaining how to do it. How this manual ever got printed is beyound me. Plus if anyone can tell me how to create the longer signal I need to switch on my Panasonic TV as this needs a signal that lasts for a second or 2.

Thanks in advance

Chris Lamle

2. Dave

Dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chris,
    if I was you I'd check out http://www.remotecentral.com/, they have quite a large database for various remotes with programming tips, if not try their forum, you usually find someone only too pleased to help you

3. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Isn't that the same as the Remote Angel?
    I've still got one, just replaced with a Pronto (that's doing my head in!).
    If you need something I can e-mail the book bits you need.
    I remember that when doing a macro, it doesn't actually say it's in macro mode when learning, you just do it as per the book on faith.
    The Panasonic can be learnt, but not as a macro I think. As you say the command is too long.

------------------
    Douch!!......Wot's da madder, da CIA got you pushing too many penzils?

Work: www.hughes-tv.co.uk

4. GidGrace

GidGrace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the M1 and had this same problem.
    The way to fix it is to re-learn the power command for your TV (mine is also Panasonic) but this time - while you are holding down the M1 power button, make sure that you hold down the panasonic control power button the whole time until OK appears.

The Infrared outputs a pulsing signal from the panasonic power key and, if you only press it briefly during learning on the M1, the M1 is confused into thinking that the power key should only do one brief pulse.

If you hold the panasonic power key down during learning, the M1 notices the multiple pulses and learns to behave in the same way.

This worked for me - I also had to re-learn the left / right buttons (volume controls) for the same reason.

Incidentally, I have had no luck with the macros and now I've lost the instruction book, so I won't be doing anything with it in a hurry. Also, now I got my Sony 940, it's got a multi-learning remote too and I have adopted this as the central control of my system for the time being.

I would like the pronto eventually, but it's a lot of cash for a remote!

Gid

5. Radio_Daze

Radio_Daze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    So glad that I found this old thread!

I bought this remote this week for the bargain price of £20 from Richer Sounds. I was just on the verge of throwing the bloody thing against the wall, as I could not get it to switch the aspect ratio, or select the various video inputs on my Pioneer Plasma TV. No matter how many times I reprogrammed it, no success.:suicide: But by following the tip above, problem solved. So a big thanks.:clap:
    The supplied manual is absolute rubbish as mentioned above. I just don't know how a company like Cambridge could provide such a badly written thing!:thumbsdow