Cambridge DVD 57RWi squeal on standby

F

Filet Mignon

I recently purchased (and now on my 2nd) Cambridge DVD57RWi from Richer Sounds, and generally am very pleased with the quality of the unit - picture and sound are both superb. One thing that really bothers me is a LOUD 2 tone whine that resonates whilst it is in standby mode. I returned the 1st unit I bought as I thought that it may have been a problem with that particular DVD recorder.

The mains plug is a 2 pin which has been inserted into a 3 pin fused adaptor - could this possibly be the source of the problem?

Anyone else have a similar tale? If so how did you remedy it? Richer Sounds have suggested putting some 'acoustic matting' on the top to try to curb the noise!

Had the same problem which drove me mad so returned the unit and got a Panasonic instead.

Richer Sounds checked other units and they had the same problem. They thought it was when the clock led goes on and off.

Stuart

The wrong capacitor was fitted on a board. It is being changed but I don't know if there are still units that are doing it.

I had 2 units do the same, and now have a Panasonic I'm very happy with.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom