Cambridge CXN V2 problem streaming Amazon Music to Builtin Chromecast

phaze267

Novice Member
I thought that I should be able to stream Amazon Music HD to the builtin Chromecast on my CXN V2. Is this correct?
I can’t get it to work. Chromecast is setup on my CXN, but when I click on the Cast button when playing a song in Amazon Music, it can’t find my CXN.
Any help would be appreciated.

Cebolla

I can’t get it to work. Chromecast is setup on my CXN, but when I click on the Cast button when playing a song in Amazon Music, it can’t find my CXN.
You mention that you've enabled Chromecast built-in on your CXN, but have you also used the Google Home app (Android or iOS) to set up the CXN's Chromecast built-in player so that it can be recognised as a Chromecast device on your home network (by apps which support Google Cast, like the Amazon Music app)?

I thought that I should be able to stream Amazon Music HD to the builtin Chromecast on my CXN V2. Is this correct?
Strictly speaking, no. Even though Google Cast does support lossless streaming, Amazon have for their own reasons decided not to allow Chromecast devices to access Amazon Music's lossless HD & Ultra HD streams and therefore Chromecast devices can only play Amazon Music's lower quality lossy SD streams.

phaze267

Novice Member
You mention that you've enabled Chromecast built-in on your CXN, but have you also used the Google Home app (Android or iOS) to set up the CXN's Chromecast built-in player so that it can be recognised as a Chromecast device on your home network (by apps which support Google Cast, like the Amazon Music app)?

Strictly speaking, no. Even though Google Cast does support lossless streaming, Amazon have for their own reasons decided not to allow Chromecast devices to access Amazon Music's lossless HD & Ultra HD streams and therefore Chromecast devices can only play Amazon Music's lower quality lossy SD streams.
Well that’s disappointing. So only compress audio to the built in Chromecast on my CXN.

phaze267

Novice Member

I think I have Chromecast on my CXN setup with Google Home. It shows May CXN, but when I click on the Cast button in Amazon music, I get a message - device not found.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom