CAMBRIDGE CXN V1 vs V2

LeeB33

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase 3 x CAMBRIDGE AUDIO components. An amp (CXA80), CD Transport (CXC) and a network streamer to accommodate my Monitor Audio Silver 100 speakers.

I had been looking for a Cambridge CXN V2 as I’ve not read a bad review about it. However, is there much, and worthwhile, difference between a V1 & V2 for someone like myself who will have a turntable and CD player (CXC) connected to it but who will play most music via Spotify, in the main

I am not really interested in radio though either and my set up will be located in a small box room so I won’t be looking to fill a large room with top of the range sound as such.

I am looking to invest long term so am trying to make the right decision.

Hi Lee, I've been on the lookout for a CXN V2 also, actually have wanted thread for one. I have the CXC transport I'm considering selling if you'd be interested. I don't think theres a great deal in it so hopefully someone in the know will give you some info specific to your actual needs...

Thanks DSOTM73 - is it the Black one? I am only looking to get the setup in black. I don't like Silver or the Lunar Grey unfortunately.

Ideally I would prefer to buy all 3 components from one seller, and very nearly did last week, but it's more than likely I will have to purchase from separate sources. Feel free to send me a message with any images of yours etc. Cheers.

Hi Lee, I've been on the lookout for a CXN V2 also, actually have wanted thread for one. I have the CXC transport I'm considering selling if you'd be interested. I don't think theres a great deal in it so hopefully someone in the know will give you some info specific to your actual needs...

With those 3 separates and speakers you'll certainly have an excellent long term system.

Yes, its black! Its fairly new and in great condition. If you post a wanted thread I can respond with pics/details etc.

I'll get the ball rolling on your original question, I 'think' the V2 has a slightly faster processor and has chromecast built in? As far as I'm aware the DAC's are the same...

I'll likely be selling a CXA80 & CXN V1 shortly. Both black, boxed with all original accessories and in mint condition.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom