Dhali oberon 5's in a 5.2.1 with the altecos
SVS SB2000 Pro sub
Linn Lp12 Sondek

I've just bought from richer a
CXA81
CXNV2
Audio Solo pre amp
Chord XLR

I want to use the CXA81 for the front stage but now found out that it doesnt support HT bypass which worries me in regard the 2 different volume controls when playing films, does anyone know how much of a challenge this is?

Am now wondering if I should have got the
Azur 851A and the 851N
To be honest I didn't even think that a newer model wouldn't have the bypass and was put off by the age of the 851A/N (and read it was discontinued?) but it appears the 851A does have HT bypass.

Ultimately I want a roon ready network player and a stereo amplifier to handle the Linn rather than the Denon.

Finally I'm running into an issue with the SB2000 pro in regards how can I connect it to both the Denon and the Cambridge amp and have it auto switch? The Sub doesn't have multiple inputs, again I don't really want a manual switch in the system when changing from Stero sources to surround sound sources.

The new stuff arrives today so I could swap easily with richer sounds. The sub is a year old but if there is no solution with what I have I'm not against swapping for a different sub.

Of course if anyone has any other suggestions RE a suitable amp/network player. I chose the CA range primarily cos I have read great things about the CXN and wanted to keep it in the family. I also like their estethics.

Thanks for help / apologies if in the wrong forum

Last edited:
I'm totally confused about the sub, can i connect both the receiver and amp at the same time? Receiver to the LFE and amp just to the Left phono?

It is going to be a balancing act with using the CXA81 to drive the fronts in conjunction with the X6500. Do you need the power for the fronts or just a desire to the CXA81 for stereo music? If the latter then the may be better off with a speaker switch such as the Beresford 7220 if all your music sources can be routed directly the CXA. It is so much easier with an amp that has HT by-pass and the X6500 does work very easily with such a set up, mine being the X6500 and Rega Elicit-R.

I'm not going to really comment on the sub but again other manufacturers make it easier to use LFE low level and high level together. REL and BK come to mind.

Thanks, Yeh I just want the CXA81 for stereo music from the turntable and the network player.

I assume a switch such as the beresford is a manual thing?

agree HT by pass is the way, feel this should all go back to richer but wondering if I swap for the 851A and 851N, I'm just dubious that a discontinued 5 year old network player can be better than the CXNV2

There is a bit of a workaround for the sub that you could try, I wrote about it in another thread recently, let me see if I can find it:

Essentially you could use the pre-outs of the CXA81 into a spare analogue input of the AVR, and whilst listening to music on the CXA81, the AVR could be playing that music to the sub(s).

I assume a switch such as the beresford is a manual thing?
Yes, front fascia button push, either A or B depending on what amp is wired to what section. Sub is more of a problem for you to be honest even with Rambles' work around. Although using the Beresford would go a fair way to helping with that work around. Stereo music is really the X6500's Achilles' Heel.

thanks for the idea rambles.

Am wondering if I can be happy with out a sub connected to the A81 for stereo and just push the full range to the Dahli oberon 5's leaving the sub on 6500 for films. Probably not.

Am wondering if I can be happy with out a sub connected to the A81 for stereo and just push the full range to the Dahli oberon 5's leaving the sub on 6500 for films. Probably not.
Worth a try!

That depends on your want or need for deep bass. I don't use a sub with my KEF R300s as they go deep enough for my personal taste. Try it and see.

With @Rambles work around what I'm thinking with the Beresford selecting the CXA and the CXA pre-outs to the Denon then only the sub would be active as the speakers would not be receiving a signal from the Denon itself as the speaker selector would be in favour of the CXA.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom