1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cambridge Azur540r problem

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Sicilian, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Sicilian

Sicilian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi guys,

I've got a Cambridge audio Azur 540r amp for the home cinema system. Problem i've got is it went pop & all sound went. Display is still functioning but no sound. Tried the reset switch still no joy.

Any idea what richer sounds will do cos its only 2 months old. No amp = no sound for tv. Will they repair or replace? Any ideas guys?

2. MS-Yam

MS-Yam
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just about a month ago I had a Cambridge 540d DVD player, which was faulty after just over a month - actually it was the second one I was on (returned the first one the same day I picked it up!)

Chances are Richer Sounds will want to fix it instead of giving you a refund. I would try your best to get a full refund and spend your hard earned on a different brand. I know Cambridge get great reviews but at the end of the day, they test them for a short period, they dont have them long enough to know what they're really like!

3. Sicilian

Sicilian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Tbh, i've been happy with the sound. Dont mind if they replace it straight away. Just dont want to wait for a repair cos I need the amp for the plasma.

4. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,336
    RS will swap the unit as they changed how they warranty all elecetronics (bar plasma) in December 2003. Faulty units in warranty are swapped and the dead ones returned to manufacturer for re-work.

5. Sicilian

Sicilian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    RS replaced the unit today no problem. Setup & running again. :)

6. Sicilian

Sicilian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I thought I should inform you all about this.

The replacement amp lasted until December 04, when the front left channel blew. This was replaced again now qeustions asked.

Well this replacement lasted until 23/04/05, the problem this time was that the amp was turning itself full blast when ever it felt like it!

Went straight down to Richer sounds & this time changed it for a Yamaha DSPAX750SE.

Well basically I went through 3 Cambridge Audio Azur540r's in the space of 9 months.

When I changed it for the Yamaha the salesman @ Richersounds admited they have had problems with this model.

What ever you do guys, dont buy a Azur 540r!