Cambridge Azur 640r with Xbox

GeekUK

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I'm pretty new to the world of home cinema stuff but I was recently given a Cambridge azur 640r and was wondering the best way to get the xbox through it with the best quality visuals and audio, I'm currently running straight through the HDMI's which doesn't process the audio.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey Geek

I'm pretty sure I had this amp myself at one time.

Mate you'll need to run an optical cable to your Xbox. Which model of 360 are you using? If you're using HDMI on a "fat" 360 you'll need the optical adapter. I'll provide a couple of links and you'll know yourself if you have one. If you have a Slim you'll only need an optical cable.

If you need the adapter and cable this should do it...

Invero ® Optical RCA Audio Cable Lead Adapter Gold: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Just the cable...

1.0m Optical TOSlink Cable - Professional Quality: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Those are one metre opticals. I'm assuming your 360 ain't too far from your Cambridge. I can't vouch for the quality of these items though.

Any other queries fire away. Cheers mate. :)

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Absolutely perfect mate, That'll sort it a treat, thanks a lot. :)

Will that work in tandem with my HDMI? I think i have something that will work. I'll give it a go. Thanks again.

Will that work in tandem with my HDMI? I think i have something that will work. I'll give it a go. Thanks again.

Hey Geek

My Onko amp processes both audio/video from the HDMI so my optical talents are fading! I can't remember exactly what I did to get the Cambridge to work. I think I selected the relevant HDMI port to activate video then selected the relevant optical channel.

I'm sure you'll crack it my friend. Good luck getting set up. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom