1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cambridge Audio

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by _dave_, Nov 28, 2004.

1. _dave_

_dave_
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, everyone i am thinking of getting my first CD player Amp and speakers seperates. Now i have decided to go for Cambridge audio (any good?) im only looking to spend around £300. Basicly is this any good

Amp

CD player

Speakers

So basicly, are these any good?

2. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
  3. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    and also there, the price for gold marantz stuff is no different whereas most places charge extra

4. superkully

superkully
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The A5 is grand for the price. Don't let people knock what you have without giving you an idea of something better for the same price. It isn't amazingly finished though and you have to put up with the ******s at RS to buy one :)

Not too happy with CA and anything with moving parts, I've had to return the exact same CD-Player you're after because it was making to much noise and a DVD Player went back because the remote stopped working...

I'd go for a 2nd hand Denon or NAD AMP, they don't wear out (if you discount degradation in the electronic components over decades) and a CD Player from another make.

Speaker-wise, the Eltax Monitor IIIs are great at £60.