• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cambridge Audio TV2: Problem with BBC HD

jezzer3

Standard Member
I have a Cambridge Audio TV2 which i bought about 6 months ago. In the main it provides fantastic sound, boosting my Panasonic 46" TV audio to a very high quality sound.

I have 1 major gripe about it.

When I switch to BBC HD channels the sound bar just turns itself off. Its fine with the standard channels.
Has anyone had the same problem ???

Thanks in advance.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
You don't mention the connection method but I guess it's optical. It could be something to do with the Panasonic transcoding the dolby digital plus audio stream. Can you set the tv output/soundbar input to stereo? I had sonething similar with a TVonics box connected to my old Kef system. I could only get audio from the Kef if the TVonics output was set to stereo or surround, but not auto/dolby digital plus.

Clem

jezzer3

Standard Member
Clem, Sorry for the delay in replying to your post.

You are correct I do have an optical connection. I don't know whether the problem is with the panasonic or something to do with the BBC. I have no problems with ITV HD channels.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
The ITV channels only broadcast with stereo sound. The BBC and C4 do transmit stuff in dd5.1. Do you have the same issue with C4 stuff? As I recall, Dolby Digital Plus can't be carried over optical, the bandwidth isn't there, so I suspect that your tv is outputting dd+ and the soundbar can't deal with it. Setting your TV's output to stereo will I reckon fix the issue.

Clem

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom