• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cambridge Audio MINX

freemo999

Hi Guys

I spotted these on Richersounds website, they took delivery of them this week

Has anyone else heard them yet?

I am looking at getting 2 of the MIN10 models as my Rears, not got any at the minute

Many thanks in advance

YamahaClavinova

I was in Richer Sounds in Birmingham earlier today so I had a quick listen to them.

For their minuscule size (they looked smaller than I thought they would) they sound OK but nowhere near as good as my 15 year old JPW Mini Monitors (£250 for the 5.1 set at the time), which in themselves are not large as far as bookshelf speakers go. But I suppose small, or rather, tiny, speakers will always struggle against larger speakers.

The source was hidden beneath a panel so I couldn't see it but AFAIK it was an iPod. Obviously the bit rate of the mp3 playing would have affected the sound.

The assistant turned the volume up fairly high and the system, inc. the sub, seemed to handle the sound pretty well, but to my ears the sound was a little 'unpleasant' at volume.

They had both the twin cube as well as the single cube versions of the speakers in the shop. The twin version sounded better than the single version, giving much clearer and detailed sound.

The sub was tiny! But that's what this system is all about - being unintrusive.

I personally think they are expensive for what they are, but people requiring diminutive speakers may disagree.

Again I should point out that not knowing exactly what source was being used means they could have sounded better given a better source, but I can't imagine Richer Sounds would feed the speakers a poor signal. Also, I didn't hear them in the demo room. They were on a special Cambridge Audio stand in the showroom so there was quite a lot of ambient noise to contend with.

freemo999

Thanks guys I will pop in at the weekend and see what i think.

I dont plan on playing music via the speaker as they will purely be used to add the rear sound to my Gaming and Movie experience.

Size is a huge part of this too, the reason I havent had rears for the last 12 months has been down to having nowhere to put them, these tiny speakers i can accomodate

zzybee

Standard Member
Heard a demonstration today on the 2.1 set up S215 I think, not too impressed with clarity and sharpness however could be the fact that it was not a proper closed room and lot of people moving around in demo area!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom