Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch

And back to square one. The right earbud is currently turning itself on/off repeatedly. I've lost patience/faith completely. Speaks volumes about a company that they'd release something this poorly executed, then have the audacity to ask for patience while they sort a fix.

Certainly the last product I'll buy from them.
Screenshot_20210108-220610_Settings.jpg

Hey

i had the same problems. the right headphone has not connected anymore. after I did the reset exactly according to the instructions everything works again! you just have to make sure that you do it for both at the same time.

Hey

i had the same problems. the right headphone has not connected anymore. after I did the reset exactly according to the instructions everything works again! you just have to make sure that you do it for both at the same time.
Is it really acceptable to have to reset at least once a day in order for them to function?

This is from a year ago.

"It is the last 10% that is the most frustrating. Only one of the earbuds will connect, leaving the other earbuds with no sound. You have no choice but to place both earbuds back to the case and take them out again. Rinse and repeat a few times before it starts working."

So the exact same issue was occuring with the melomania 1, and they've clearly not sorted it. Given they've not sorted it in that time period, I've zero, absolutely zero, faith they'll do so with these.

Is it really acceptable to have to reset at least once a day in order for them to function?

This is from a year ago.

"It is the last 10% that is the most frustrating. Only one of the earbuds will connect, leaving the other earbuds with no sound. You have no choice but to place both earbuds back to the case and take them out again. Rinse and repeat a few times before it starts working."

So the exact same issue was occuring with the melomania 1, and they've clearly not sorted it. Given they've not sorted it in that time period, I've zero, absolutely zero, faith they'll do so with these.

Really happy with mine now. I did the reset and they are all good. Occasionally one bud will not turn on out of the box, but a quick two second push on the outside of the bud turns it on and connects. If the quality of my cambridge cx amp and cd transport are anything to go by I'm sure they will sort out any issues, and from what I can tell they're pretty passionate about getting it right. I still think you would have to pay nearly double the price to get the same sound and build quality.

I have been following this thread since Tuesday after ordering the Touch (I ran across this thread on Google). I was concerned if I had made right decision or not. Received them and been using them since yesterday. Initial pairing went smoothly. Biggest issue I have now is during each connection. They don't connect out of the case every time.

This is from a year ago.

Did they ever fix that issue on Melomania 1 with firmware? I'm just hearing about it now tbh. I thought about ordering the Melomania 1 until I heard of the Touch, and didn't read about that specific issue on them.

I have been following this thread since Tuesday after ordering the Touch (I ran across this thread on Google). I was concerned if I had made right decision or not. Received them and been using them since yesterday. Initial pairing went smoothly. Biggest issue I have now is during each connection. They don't connect out of the case every time.

Did they ever fix that issue on Melomania 1 with firmware? I'm just hearing about it now tbh. I thought about ordering the Melomania 1 until I heard of the Touch, and didn't read about that specific issue on them.
Looking at the Amazon reviews, no. There's several reviews mentioning poor Bluetooth connection.

It's really annoying. They either know about the issue and released anyway, or their QC/testing is woeful?

Really happy with mine now. I did the reset and they are all good. Occasionally one bud will not turn on out of the box, but a quick two second push on the outside of the bud turns it on and connects. If the quality of my cambridge cx amp and cd transport are anything to go by I'm sure they will sort out any issues, and from what I can tell they're pretty passionate about getting it right. I still think you would have to pay nearly double the price to get the same sound and build quality.

Exact same issue I have and same way I solve it each day.

It makes me wonder if firmware can fix that issue or if it is an hardware issue.

I'm sure many have complained. Wondering if I should message them about it too. Not sure if it will make a difference. How would I send a ticket? Don't see an option for it on website..

Looking at the Amazon reviews, no. There's several reviews mentioning poor Bluetooth connection.

It's really annoying. They either know about the issue and released anyway, or their QC/testing is woeful?

I actually meant professional reviews from media sites. I read many reviews on Melomania 1 from like pcmag, techradar, etc a month back and didn't see any media review mention it. That's why I was asking to see if it was fixed since release.

I sold my Melomania 1's when these were announced, I also have the WF-1000XM3'. Same issues with connection, had to reset about 5 times since receiving them on Wednesday, after a few hours of playing with the fit, finally got it right and the sound is excellent. It's worth spending the time to get the right fit for your ears. CA need 2 sort out the connection issues but as we have recieved them at launch, im sure it will be rectified further down the line

I sold my Melomania 1's when these were announced, I also have the WF-1000XM3'. Same issues with connection, had to reset about 5 times since receiving them on Wednesday, after a few hours of playing with the fit, finally got it right and the sound is excellent. It's worth spending the time to get the right fit for your ears. CA need 2 sort out the connection issues but as we have recieved them at launch, im sure it will be rectified further down the line
Which ones did you have to reset CA or Sony ?

How do you find the sonys

How do you find the sonys
I really like them, I found the melomania 1's had a purer sound but the sonys had a little more bass and ANC, I put foam tips on the CA's which blocked out most sounds when playing musicit was pretty close between the two tho. I have also put foam tips from the sonys on to my CA touch.

The sonys also need proper setting up or you don't get the desired sound from them. Fit is sometimes a problem with both the Sony and CA when I am washing my car and moving around a lot I have had both makes falling out and nearly ending up in the bucket with the soapy water in I have even worn a beanie hat to keep them secure. I like the wireless earphones but that is one of the downsides of them I also have some very good wired earphones one being the Beyerdynamic Byrons which also have good sound but without all the issues that wireless ones have. Ah well thats technology for you.

My very first post. I joined when I read the company is following thread.

My experience with the Melomania Touch has been horrible thus far. I've only gotten both earbuds to pair twice and for those short times, I enjoyed the superb sound.

At this point, I have given up resetting and resitting the buds. I never signed off to be a beta tester. The earbuds cost a pretty penny just for me to be spending hours just simply trying to get it to work.

The right ear pairs, the left pairs but never connects. It's just very frustrating. I've deleted, repaired, resit, reset and done everything. Not worth all the effort in my opinion since I have Technics and Lypertek that don't give me grief to use. At this point they should simply recall the product and release it when ready.

Android user.

I've noticed that I can almost drop the left earbud into the case from a few mm and it almost always connects and starts to charge whereas the right one never does. I always have to push it down for it to seat correctly and I can feel a little click as it goes into place. I've tried this without a wing and tip fitted and it still does it.

This accounts for why the right bud doesn't reliably turn on when I remove it from the case.
If it doesn't know it's in the case how can it know when it's removed?

Can I ask that somebody else tries this to see if it's just my set please?

Thanks

Anyone got a rubber. Lets start again.

Attachments

• draftsman-man-at-the-drawing-board-HGHXGN.jpg
    draftsman-man-at-the-drawing-board-HGHXGN.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 125
I've noticed that I can almost drop the left earbud into the case from a few mm and it almost always connects and starts to charge whereas the right one never does. I always have to push it down for it to seat correctly and I can feel a little click as it goes into place. I've tried this without a wing and tip fitted and it still does it.

This accounts for why the right bud doesn't reliably turn on when I remove it from the case.

Thanks

I have almost exactly this problem, but with the left; the right one always starts charging fine. Except with mine, the left seems to have dropped in properly and often just doesn't make that connection, even with a wiggle and press (sometimes makes partial contact and the light flickers, but charging doesn't start). To rectify this I keep having to take the left one out and drop it in again multiple times, it's so unreliable I've sent them back.

Do you have the same problem with having to lift it out and drop in again, and the flickering, or does yours always start charging if you just nudge it down properly?

Do you have the same problem with having to lift it out and drop in again, and the flickering, or does yours always start charging if you just nudge it down properly?
If I nudge it down properly it usually starts charging but not always.
Also, once the case is closed I find that the right bud will often stop charging so it must be moving in the socket. I can tell because when they do connect to Bluetooth the app will show the left bud fully charged but the right bud not, and they've both been in the case for the same amount of time.

It's weekend so I'm still thinking about it but this could be the last straw for me. If there are physical issues with the case no amount of firmware updates will fix it.

Very disappointed.

If I nudge it down properly it usually starts charging but not always.
Also, once the case is closed I find that the right bud will often stop charging so it must be moving in the socket. I can tell because when they do connect to Bluetooth the app will show the left bud fully charged but the right bud not, and they've both been in the case for the same amount of time.

It's weekend so I'm still thinking about it but this could be the last straw for me. If there are physical issues with the case no amount of firmware updates will fix it.

Very disappointed.

In which case we have the exact same issue, but with opposite buds. I feel completely the same about it as a physical issue. Should be getting an exchange pair when mine arrive back at the warehouse next week, but I'd definitely return them. Talk to support about it and I'm sure they'll tell you the same as they told me.

Glad I haven't been experiencing connection drop outs but this is just as bad, and seemingly not fixable with a firmware update. I have a theory that the pins are making contact on the whole, but the charging just doesn't trigger properly. Again, real shame but I'd definitely send them back (hate how time-consuming the process is these days with deliveries).

I have the melomania 1s and they have often had connection issues , but when they work they do sound really good.
I also have the Air pod pros and I think the C and A pair beat them on sound, but what I would say about the air pods is they never ever fail to connect you take them out of the case and they just work!
I really fancy the new Melonania touch but I don’t need connection issues again.

I've just filled out the return form, too.

They work perfectly with my iPhone XS Max on iOS 13 and my pair of Apple TV 4K boxes. Good sound, solid connections, and no lip-sync issues.

However, this weekend I've been trying to use them for their second job. That role is connecting to the pair of Bluetooth transmitters in the house used for listening to TV sound (upstairs and downstairs). In both instances I use the excellent Avantree Oasis Plus BT transmitters. Aside from the connection and pairing being random and all over the place, the Melomania Touch are refusing to connect using the aptX codec and connecting via SBC only. I could maybe live without the aptX but the lip-sync lag that the SBC codec introduces is a complete deal-breaker. It happens on both my Avantree transmitters yet my Sony WH-1000XM2 connect fine using aptX HD codec and the family sets of August EP650 headphones connect fine using aptX LL codec.

It's a pity really because, as per my earlier post, I like the product and think Cambridge Audio are a good company. But at £130 quid I'm not really prepared to wait for a fix that is not 100% guaranteed to arrive.

Thanks

How can I know if both earbuds start charging?? Does lighting up red mean it's properly connected and charging? I just assumed it was charging, but perhaps I need to pay closer attention. Getting frustrated with trying to get them to connect but last night, the right earbud just wouldn't connect. No matter what I did - I had sound in the left but nothing in right.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom