Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch

RAINS

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just taken delivery of these but yet to try them out...

IMG_3577.jpg

Was going to get the 1's on offer but held off when I saw these.
Interested to see what you think and if yours work well?
A chap on another thread has been having issues with his

Was going to get the 1's on offer but held off when I saw these.
Interested to see what you think and if yours work well?
A chap on another thread has been having issues with his
They are a little tricky to get connected but once they are they sound exceptional for the money. The problem i had was the app not finding the earbuds but this was my error in renaming them within IOS.
Once unpaired and repaired all ok. Also you need to pair one L or R first and once connected it requests the other. The fit is also interesting but they supply many alternatives.... who knew i had one ear slightly deeper than the other !! As a first adopter you get teething issues which i believe What HIFi have experienced also. Once ironed out i have no doubt these will make the grade.

All good so far and a firmware update already :smashin:

They are a little tricky to get connected but once they are they sound exceptional for the money. The problem i had was the app not finding the earbuds but this was my error in renaming them within IOS.
Once unpaired and repaired all ok. Also you need to pair one L or R first and once connected it requests the other. The fit is also interesting but they supply many alternatives.... who knew i had one ear slightly deeper than the other !! As a first adopter you get teething issues which i believe What HIFi have experienced also. Once ironed out i have no doubt these will make the grade.

All good so far and a firmware update already :smashin:
Awesome, will grab some in the next few weeks then

Reviews ? Look what What HI-Fi said
OUR VERDICT
As a sonic proposition we cannot fault the Melomania Touch, but sadly, operability and connectivity are touchy subjects
FOR
  • Agile, zealous sound
  • Slick-looking app
  • Comfortable new design
AGAINST
  • Persistent connectivity issues
  • App crashed during testing
  • Over-sensitive controls

Yes, an oddly informative review from WhatHiFi and it reflects some of the issues seen by owners here and the other thread.

How's the fit? I.e. ease of, comfort and staying in place when you move around.

Paul

Last edited:
Yes, an oddly informative review from WhatHiFi and it reflects some of the issues seen by owners here and the other thread.

How's the fit? I.e. ease of, comfort and staying in place when you move around.

Paul
I have always struggled with in-ear headphones for fit and comfort resulting in using Bose Soundsport for a number of years. I wanted to try the Melomania 1 but for sport would not stay in. These seem to be the mid point for me, not a comfortable as yes as the bose but it takes time to adjust and have a wide change of accessories to get the best fit. The trick is to chop and change the parts and make sure they are air tight before you twist into place. Where they do stand out from my previous options in their sound and music presence which are superior at all previous at this price.

The trick is in the fit to get the best sound from them.

Looking at amazon they have 7000 positive reviews.
Until
You look at them and see they are all for the previous model.
Hate the way amazon allows that, very misleading.
Have decided to wait a little and see how reliability pans out for the majority.
Have seen more bad written than good so far

Have you ever noticed that all reviews no matter what you look at have four and a half stars on Amazon until you look at the item and below you find lots of bad reviews. I am sure that Cambridge Audio will pay heed to the What Hi-Fi review as it will be in their own interest to do so and what is strange is the general consensus with What Hi- Fi is that they always give good reviews to products that they get money from for recommending so what happened to the Touch review ?
As stated on What Hi-Fi
What Hi-Fi? is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more

Last edited by a moderator:
when they work, they are amazing. I am just having so many pairing issues.

Woke up today, took them out the case, i then hear "melomania connected" - but no music comes through them.

got to bluetooth settings. the left is connected, right isn't. right won't connect. then i randomly hear "melomania paired" - bluetooth still saying only one is connected. Still no music

So i am having to reset them every time i take them out their case :( so annoying. why can't they just work?

Reviews ? Look what What HI-Fi said
OUR VERDICT
As a sonic proposition we cannot fault the Melomania Touch, but sadly, operability and connectivity are touchy subjects
FOR
  • Agile, zealous sound
  • Slick-looking app
  • Comfortable new design
AGAINST
  • Persistent connectivity issues
  • App crashed during testing
  • Over-sensitive controls

This is basically where i am. They sound incredible - when working.

But they just simply don't work as they should. The touch controls are VERY sensitive. Every time i slightly re-adjust one in my ear the song will pause etc.

The app for me has been fine on the most part. My main bug bear is the connection - it just will NOT stay paired or connected for long.

I am not against the the earphones as I have the first model which I like but comfort is questionable to me I have tried all of the buds including the free ones that they sent me but in general they hurt my ears because you have to push them deep to get a leak proof fit yes the sound is good but I prefer the Sony WF-10000XM3 that I have the sound is much better okay I am not so keen on how they sit on the outside of your ear reminiscent of the Bluetooth ear pieces for your phone but there is no doubt that their sound quality takes some beating in their price range.

I have just sent an email complaining to CA and will see what they say.

currently I have just reset my buds again and trying to pair. My phone will recognise my left earphone, but the right doesn't even appear in order to pair. And so they currently aren't working at all.

Their after sales service is absolutely brilliant can't knock them.

i've now just gone into the app, to see if that recognises both ear buds - and it comes up with "we notice that sound quality is different for each earbud. please choose which you want?"

so i select "high performance" (having never changed the settings on them) and get told its now up to 5 minutes whilst a software reset takes place.

literally no idea what is going on. Tempted to send these back and just go for some really cheap Earfun Air's instead.

Something is clearly faulty with my pair.

I have just reset again and connected the left earphone (as this was the only option available on my bluetooth screen) - and previously after doing this the right earbud would then pop up and a message along the lines of "pair right earbud" and you accept.

but now, nothing. It doesn't recognise the right earbud at all.

Their after sales service is absolutely brilliant can't knock them.

Only once you can get hold of them. You can't just phone them, you have to fill a form online and they aim to get back to you within 48 hours!!

Yes but they are really helpful just be patient don't forget the times that we are living in they might be working from home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know - it just sucks having paid £130 for these and they simply don't work!

I have finally just got them to pair - or at least the headphones said "melomania paired" - went to play music and nothing. nothing out the left or right earphone.

went back to bluetooth settings - only the left is paired. click the right one on the screen and it says "pairing unsuccessful - please make sure it is turned on and in range" which they both are!

so frustrating.

They have just both started working - the only way i can do this? Pair just the left earbud and then somehow music comes out of both. It just means the app doesn't always pick up the right bud and my phone doesn't show the battery of each individually.

I can't pair the right earbud at all (as far as the text on my phone is concerned!).

I think that one communicates with the other on my iPhone it only shows that the right bud is connected but both are playing. That is on the Mellomania 1s

Try this:

delete connection from bluetooth on phone.
place them back into the charge case until the white light goes out.
taken them both out and press and hold the Right until pairing starts
pair with your phone and wait until it requests to pair the left also, it only shows one connected which i assume is correct.
Now open the app to check connection and you should be good to go again.

I think that it just shows the battery life in general for the earphones one thing that I have learned from these types of earphones is be careful how you touch the buds as they have so many functions that work by touching them. I normally touch around the edges rather than touching them on the face .

Try this:

delete connection from bluetooth on phone.
place them back into the charge case until the white light goes out.
taken them both out and press and hold the Right until pairing starts
pair with your phone and wait until it requests to pair the left also, it only shows one connected which i assume is correct.
Now open the app to check connection and you should be good to go again.
when i did the above last night all was fine and both show the battery life in the app.
One thing not to do is change the name of the device in the bluetooth settings in IOS as the app does not find them if you do.

The only issue i have found is the touch sensitivity could be reduced a little as it can be a little cumbersome when trying to insert them into your ears and avoid pressing them too long which places them in pairing or transparency mode before you start any listening. A sensitivity slider in the app would solve this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom