I haven't had any of the usual issues with my Melomania Touches - other than not getting on with the silicone buds supplied. Like others, I find them slowly working loose and breaking the seal when smiling/talking.
I copied Foussin's idea and hacked some Comply T200s replacement foam buds and they work great, Much more secure and consistent bass response.
I modified them slightly differently. Rather than cutting the buds, I pushed the internal tube up and out of the back of the bud (pushing from the ear end). The tube is glued to the foam but can be slowly separated using fingernails. Once there's a decent amount revealed, I used nail scissors to cut the tube down in size.
I experimented with the amount to remove (I bought a set of large buds as I used the large CA silicones) so that they would fit in the case properly. For these, I had to cut away bout 75% of the tube - just leaving about 2mm remaining.
Comparing CA and T200s
With the internal tube cut away:
Forcing the tube out of the back of the bud for cutting:
Release notes for this firmware:
1) Auto-connect is now quicker, at around 6 seconds.
2) Optimised power-off consistency when the earphones are placed in the charging case.
3) Earphones no longer automatically power-off after 60 minutes of use on voice calls on a Windows 10 laptop/PC.
4) The current Audio Mode is now correctly displayed in the Melomania App.
5) During a system reset the earphones return to the previous peer connection, after 60 seconds, if a new connection is not found.
6) System reset optimised.