1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cambridge Audio M1+

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by clarky78, Apr 19, 2005.

1. clarky78

clarky78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I've got a cambridge audio m1+ remote but it is flawed i think. I have just programmed it for my ntl box, and it won't let you press the same button more than once. I.e i press the up channel button but cant press it again till i press something else, i have this problem on several of the 'buttons', like the sleep button for the tv, i have to press it twice for 30mins sleep timer, but after pressing it once i cant press it again. it only seems to be on some features, is mine faulty, or does anybody else have this?
    Also is there a way to make it continually send a signal, like volume, i have to press the volume button repeatedly on my Yamaha 750 to gain any noticeable difference, unlike the real remote where you just hold the button.

2. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    This means it hasn't learnt the code cleanly. I had this problem a lot with an old Grundig video recorder on both the CA M1+ and my newer Pronto 950. U should try to re-learn the troublesome buttons. Experiment with how long U hold down the button when teaching it. On the Pronto U are supposed to hold down the button until it beeps, I forget what the CA M1+ recommends as it's been over a year.

3. clarky78

clarky78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    ok, i'll try that as it does make sense to why some work fine, but similar functions aren't working.

4. 7up4it

7up4it

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi Clarky 78,

I bought the same remote from Richer sounds (£49.99) whilst buying it the salesman informed me that it wouldn't work properly with NTL :( which I used to have, however he did say it would work perfectly with Sky which it does because I recently changed :smashin:

I don't think you will ever get it to work your NTL box properly I tried everything to get it to work without success, I know Richer sounds employees come in for some stick sometimes (I however have always found them most helpful!) but in this instance he was correct and at least he warned me before I bought it.

5. clarky78

clarky78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    hmm, wonder if they'll take it back then, for something else, if it's a known fault.. Worth a try maybe.

cheers

6. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    i have the remote and can hold down all buttons for repetition, i just held the buttons down till it beeped and moved onto the next one. i think most ntl boxes use iRDA? which nearly all learning remotes cant handle?