Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Cambridge Audio Freeview/FM Tuner

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Harryo, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Harryo

Harryo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Does anyone have any idea if Cambridge Audio is likely to introduce a Freeview/FM tuner in the near future?

I am in the market for a new tuner and prefer listening to Freeview transmitted audio stations rather than DAB ones, so a Freeview/FM tuner is my preference although a Freeview/FM/DAB tuner would give me the added bonus of being able to listen to BBC7. :)

At the moment I have a Nokia 221T Freeview box connected to my amplifier which allows me to enjoy Jazz FM and also use a Psion Wavefinder for listening to BBC7 via my computer.

Harryo

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,664
    They've looked at it but I wouldn't hold your breath. Engineering wise I think the phrase "Migraine Inducing" springs to mind.

3. Harryo

Harryo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks for the info.

It would appear that at the moment there is only a Freeview/DAB receiver available from the likes of Goodman.

Harryo