Cambridge Audio*DVD79

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by aphextwin, Feb 24, 2005.

1. aphextwin

aphextwin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got or seen this player? If so what do you think of it? I am thinking of using it with a sharp screen.

2. sceptic

sceptic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I've got one which I'm returning tonight. Used it with a Hitachi PD5200 with DVI-D connection and the picture was disappointing.
    In addition the sound was not being processed correctly. Using the THX test found on a few DVDs (Moulin Rouge, Terminator 2) the audio test to check on which speaker was playing was not correct. For example, the test said front centre but the front left was sounding. I checked my amp independently and they were OK.
    I guess the unit was faulty so it may be worth trying. At least in Rcher Sounds you have a chance to exchange. I'm going to try the Cambridge Audio 540D.

3. Loewe

Loewe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tested one on my Sharp. Nice on 16/9-films. Not good on 4:3-stuff (films, home videos, extras on DVDs etc). Picture gets stretced, no auto-format even via analog connections. Very poor on Jpegs (pictures). Can play WMA! Denon 1910 is better, but you can get green tint on dark greys via DVI.