1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cambridge Audio DVD55RWi

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Edt, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Edt

Edt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi all - took my 12 month old DVD55 (player only) back into Richer Sounds to swap for a newer one (firmware for progressive scan) and ended up walking out with a DVD55 RWi, on the understanding that it played the same as the player in every way (got all the leads, rear speaker etc).

However, my rear surround setup requires me the trim the levels, which was a menu option on the player. Cant find this on the recorder.. am I missing a trick?

In fact the menu is totally different. Where's the brightness? Where's the saturation? Sharpness... etc etc. Hope it's there.. somewhere.. or I'll have to swap back to the player !

regards, Ed

2. Edt

Edt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    kept the 55 RWi even though none of those features - but treated myself for Xmas to an Azuer 540 player too! Did a firmware upgrade on the 55 which tidied a few things up, however...

One thing really bugs me with the 55.. you cant sequence one timed event to follow a previous one unless you leave at least 5 min gap between the two times !!! what the fudge!! Was hoping the firmware change would sort this.

Ed

3. pontyslapper

pontyslapper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where did you get the firmware update for the DVD55RWi?

4. Edt

Edt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    contacted CA direct & nice chap sent me a disc in the post.
    Ed