1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cambridge Audio dvd55

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by chedmaster, May 5, 2005.

1. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    i have the above dvd player and am hoping to get a 32" lcd tv, probably the video 7 because im only 16 and am not made of money. My worry is i HATE lipsync problems and seem to be very sensitive to it :thumbsdow
    At the moment i have no progressive screen to connect my dvd player to, but i hear that you get less lipsync errors when using progressive scan (less for the lcd to process), so can my dvd player handle progressive scan pal? i don't think it can, but it has an ntsc/pal switch button (ie change pal to ntsc and vice versa), does this mean if i set the player to "ntsc mode" i will get progressive scan from a pal dvd?
    or should i just buy a better dvd player, which ones around £100 do pal progressive, i was thinking pio 575?

thanks guys.

2. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    "Retaining the incredibly high video specifications of the top of the range '57, the DVD55 offers PAL and NTSC Progressive Scan output from its component video outputs to ensure the very highest video resolution from suitable DVD discs and when attached to a suitably featured screen."

Thats was from cambridge audio's website, but i still think i read somewhere on here that it only does ntsc progressive?

3. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    im hoping to buy a tosh 28ZD26P which i believe is only ntsc progressive, so re-asking my original q, will telling the player to output in NTSC and progressive (for a pal dvd), will the tosh accept the signal?