1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cambridge Audio DVD connection to Panasonic Plasma

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by sbrough, Aug 13, 2004.

1. sbrough

sbrough

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have connected my Cambridge Audio 540D DVD player to a Panasonic Viera Plasma using a Cambridge Audio Premium Component cable. Unfortunately I cannot get a picture on my TV when I play a DVD although I do get sound through the AV. It looks like I have connected the cables correctly. The Y connection on the back of the TV goes to the Y connection on the back of the DVD as does the PB and PR connection. I presume I don't need to cross any of these over. The Cambridge Audio documentation is also a little pants as it doesn't give much detail. I would really appreciate any help you could give me on this. You've probably gathered i'm a complete novice, however I am turning into a frustrated complete novice.

Thanks in advance
    Simon

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    You need to tell your player to output component video. To do this connect one of the connections on the cable you have from the composite output on the player to the composite input on the plasma. You can then access the onscreen menu for the player. Navigate this and tell the player to output component video. Now reconnect the component cable from the component outputs on the player to the component inputs on the plasma.

On a slight tangent, I am constantly bewildered by peoples insistence to spend thousands of poound on a plasma display but only a fraction of that on the device used to output the picture to it. Is it just me or is that totally f*ing barmy.