Cambridge Audio Cxuhd Can't find atmos

rob887

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I seem to be having trouble selecting the atmos sound track. I've put in a few different blurays all that say they have udh with atmos.

I've changed the audio source to bitstream.

My av receiver is onkyo tx-rz3100

Kind regards

Did you switch off the secondary audio option?

Bitstream is correct.Sounds more like a receiver setting,not familiar with onkyos but may be something like direct its straight on my yamaha.
You could ask the question in the receiver forum.

Martin

Well I have two CXUHD connected to Denon and Yamaha amps. Bitstream on and secondary audio off, no special setting on the receiver and atmos plays fine. Perhaps the OP has some funny sound mode enabled on the receiver because it should work.

Well I have two CXUHD connected to Denon and Yamaha amps. Bitstream on and secondary audio off, no special setting on the receiver and atmos plays fine. Perhaps the OP has some funny sound mode enabled on the receiver because it should work.

On the cxuhd when you press sound track on the controller is dolby atmos at the top of the list? Mine is always just dolby truhd. Would the receiver prevent it showing up?

IMG_20200606_114604.jpg

The above is correct. The track will say Dolby TrueHD as reported by the CXUHD because that is what it is. Atmos is metadata included within that track that the receiver can decode.

Thereafter my Yamaha amp displays Atmos and my Denon, Dolby HD. Both are receiving the atmos stream but just record it differently on their displays based on my own configuration.

I'm going to ask the obvious so please forgive me. You do have the Onkyo configured for Atmos with the correct speaker layout.

The above is correct. The track will say Dolby TrueHD as reported by the CXUHD because that is what it is. Atmos is metadata included within that track that the receiver can decode.

Thereafter my Yamaha amp displays Atmos and my Denon, Dolby HD. Both are receiving the atmos stream but just record it differently on their displays based on my own configuration.

Ooo never knew that. I was expecting it to say atmos. My receiver does say atmos when I select audio. So even though the CXUHD says dolby truhd 7.1 it will actually send 7.1.4 atmos to the receiver

gibbsy to be honest that's a good question as I'm not 100% as this is my first setup like this. I'll post some of my receiver settings maybe you can help

Attachments

• IMG_20200606_181903.jpg
    IMG_20200606_181903.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20200606_181817.jpg
    IMG_20200606_181817.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20200606_181736.jpg
    IMG_20200606_181736.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 41
Ooo never knew that. I was expecting it to say atmos. My receiver does say atmos when I select audio. So even though the CXUHD says dolby truhd 7.1 it will actually send 7.1.4 atmos to the receiver

gibbsy to be honest that's a good question as I'm not 100% as this is my first setup like this. I'll post some of my receiver settings maybe you can help
From what you've posted above you are having Atmos. It is only the receiver that will show Atmos as a the audio that you are receiving. All the player is doing is sending Dolby TrueHD to the receiver along with an embedded Atmos metadata. It is the receiver that is doing the decoding and that is the only bit of your kit that will actually show Atmos as the playing audio.

The reason I'm asking this as the 4 height speakers don't seem to be doing much. May just be because the movies are not using them.

What movie would you suggest that has alot of overhead sounds.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom