Question Cambridge Audio CXR

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by cjlhessing, Jul 30, 2018.

1. cjlhessing

cjlhessing
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello chaps and chapetts,

Been looking at the cxr line of receivers for...well since they came out, getting close to pulling the trigger to buy one and have found they are out of stock/discontinued everywhere. Just wondered if anyone had any info on this - are new ones coming out soon or have they abandoned the whole avr line/sold it off like Onkyo.

If Oppo can just quit the Blu-ray player business then anything is possible :(

Thanks for any info

Chris.

2. Rambles

Rambles
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,154
    There is no announcement on a refresh, or on them ending their line of AVR's. I hope they don't stop making them, as in many ways, the CXR 200 was possibly the best receiver I ever owned, in terms of sound quality and power. Shame it doesn't support Atmos, and had buggy firmware (at the time). If I was still running a 5.1 or 7.1 set-up, I probably would have kept it.

Richer Sounds are the sole distributor in the UK, it is saying in store only, have you contacted your local store?

You can buy direct from Cambridge:

CXR200

Some come up on ebay from time to time, such as here:

CAMBRIDGE AUDIO CXR200 AV Receiver 7.2 BRAND NEW - WARRANTY - FREE DELIVERY | eBay

Cambridge Audio CXR-200 AV Receiver- Wie Neu in OVP -2 Jahre Garantie | eBay