Cambridge Audio CXN V2 - A good buy or not?

marinmv1

Standard Member
Hi, looking for some advice please. I want to add a streamer to my existing set up and have my eye on the new Bluesound Node 2021 and the Cambridge Audio CXN V2. The Node is very new and seems to have great functionality. The CXN V2 is older but likely to have better sound quality. However it’s several years old and I’m wondering if a new version will be out soon with improved functionality, MQA support most likely.

I listen to Tidal, so Tidal Connect important to me. Set on one of these players as they fit my budget, or to wait for an updated CXN. Any thoughts please? The CXN V2 is available for £699, Node £549.

Thanks

Last edited:

Nico72

The Node gets my vote

Nico72

More modern, more compact, headphone out, sub out with cutoff filters for bass management, and allegedly blue sound is the best streaming software around.

mseve1

I tend to agree with @Nico72 that the Node is currently the best option. I reckon you would be hard pressed to say whether the Node or CXN had the best SQ so your decision really hangs on usability (and possibly looks/size/build etc.). I guess it all boils down to how much value you would place on the CXN's display screen and the ability to drive it without a smartphone/tablet. Is it worth an extra £150 for this functionality?

marinmv1

Standard Member
I tend to agree with @Nico72 that the Node is currently the best option. I reckon you would be hard pressed to say whether the Node or CXN had the best SQ so your decision really hangs on usability (and possibly looks/size/build etc.). I guess it all boils down to how much value you would place on the CXN's display screen and the ability to drive it without a smartphone/tablet. Is it worth an extra £150 for this functionality?
Thanks for your comments. The Node would certainly squeeze into my cabinet more easily and I don’t need the display as the hardware is all behind a door. I was impressed with the nodes build quality when looking at one in a dealer.

Helix Hifi

The Node, no question. Sleek design. The new one has touch buttons led lights on top of the unit.

If this is not important to you, go with the Node2i.

marinmv1

Standard Member
Well I purchased the Node 2021 and am so pleased!

Out of the box the build quality looked and felt great. Setting up was simple and was streaming Tidal into my Marantz PM6005 and Monitor Audio Bronze 5’s in no time. Sound quality so much better than I was expecting and a good improvement over my Marantz CD6005.

Thanks for the advice!

Stufor

Novice Member
The Bluesound node and the Bluos app have my highest recommendation,been using them for six months streaming Qobuz an Amazon music to Electrocompaniet amplifier and Dali Menuet SE speakers,sounds amazing,I have considered the Cambridge,but reading reviews of it's control app put me off,sticking with the Bluesound.😁

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom