1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cambridge Audio CD Player, Technics Tape Player, Sherwood Amp and Tuner, Mis. Spekers

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by technology guy, Jun 19, 2004.

1. technology guy

technology guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do the above sound good makes?

I may be getting the above from a friend - 9 yrs old - but some Hi-Fi stores say the above makes are pretty cheap, and the bottom end of the market for home cinema.

Your opinions...

Cheers :thumbsup:

Alex

2. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    I say ignore what the hifi stores say. At 16 years of age you should take what's on offer from what I remember. Hifi snobbery is a horrible thing that I wont be part of. Cambridge & Technics make some superb equipment and in the USA Sherwood are well respected. If these are being given to you for nothing you'd be mad not to at least give them a listen for a month or 2.

I'm still using an old Technics cd player that was my first 'seperates' purchase many years ago. :cool:

Regards, Mylo

Am I really starting to sound like an old timer? :blush: :laugh:

3. technology guy

technology guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, cheers - the equip is 9 y/o. not the friend. i thought they were pretty reasonable.

alex

4. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    Yeh, I guessed it was the age of the kit. :laugh: :smashin: