Cambridge Audio Azur351R which 5.1 best?

I bought 4,5 months old RP-600M and Dynaudio Stand 6

I have tested at home with a cheap audio cable, the result not so bright. I find this speakers not enough sub, so I should buy a good sub anyway.

The sounds is really loud, but for me not enough exhaustive. Not enough details in music's.

Maybe the cable, or the AV not enough?

I hoped this Klipsch would be enough clear and detail, but not.

I would try with another cable. Maybe buy a bi-ware cable for future?

Have you put your receiver in to Direct mode? Try to find that.

There is few things you could try perhaps. Make sure you have the speakers about same distance apart as the distance to them. Spread them apart good amount at least 1,8meters and more if you sit further away. Try angling the speakers directly toward your ears if they shoot straight now. Also push them more out if they are close to your front wall cause that will boost the bass but it can make the sound muddy.

So in short: Leave ~30cm behind speakers if you can and spread them apart ~2meter (same amount from tv each side) , angle them toward you so the tweeters points your ears. This should make them sound little brighter.

Make sure the receiver is in Direct / Pure Direct mode so there is no bass boost or other silly features On. Edit. "ANALOGUE STEREO DIRECT" FROM YOUR REMOTE

If you have some basic 2,5mm2 / AWG 14 thick speaker cable then you are good. Make sure Red goes to Plus and Black to Minus in speaker and receiver side (make sure the metal ring is intact it connects to HF and LF)

Connected like this:

klipsch-rp-600m-walnut.jpg

There is few things you could try perhaps. Make sure you have the speakers about same distance apart as the distance to them. Spread them apart good amount at least 1,8meters and more if you sit further away. Try angling the speakers directly toward your ears if they shoot straight now. Also push them more out if they are close to your front wall cause that will boost the bass but it can make the sound muddy.

So in short: Leave ~30cm behind speakers if you can and spread them apart ~2meter (same amount from tv each side) , angle them toward you so the tweeters points your ears. This should make them sound little brighter.

Make sure the receiver is in Direct / Pure Direct mode so there is no bass boost or other silly features On. Edit. "ANALOGUE STEREO DIRECT" FROM YOUR REMOTE

If you have some basic 2,5mm2 / AWG 14 thick speaker cable then you are good. Make sure Red goes to Plus and Black to Minus in speaker and receiver side (make sure the metal ring is intact it connects to HF and LF)

Connected like this:

Yes, it is PCM mode. I use a notebook via HDMI cable..
30-40 cm is free behind the speakers.

I think that speakers are less than 50 hours listening by previous owner. I try to warm them up before I decide to stay or goes this speakers.

I only have this cable yet:

IMG_20210922_190911.jpg

Analog mode isnt available, because I dont have DAC. I only have notebook and PS4 pro, and Xbox One console :)

Connected like this:

Maybe the Monitor Silver Audio 100 will better sound quality? about 616 Eur
Or the Elac FS247.4 with 1115 Euro

But I know, the Elac should better AV than Azur 351R. Maybe the MA Silver Audio 100 too?

Maybe the Monitor Silver Audio 100 will better sound quality? about 616 Eur
Or the Elac FS247.4 with 1115 Euro

But I know, the Elac should better AV than Azur 351R. Maybe the MA Silver Audio 100 too?

I haven`t heard that model, only the tower Silvers which i liked and would have bought if they would been cheaper. I haven`t heard anyone here at AVF disliking the Silver 100. We have quite many owners for those speakers. Semms very enjoyable, just enough sparkle and should have nice amount of weight/depth due to size. They not small! Reviews are always positive, but for the S100 they are highly praising. If you have local MA dealer near you, go listen them! It´s very tricky to buy blind as we don`t know what type of sound you like. Try to listen Dali Oberon / Opticon too if you can. I have a feeling either of these two brands could be something you like, but it`s just a guess so you need to hear them...

I don`t understand what you meant Elac should be better AV than Azur.

Notice these S100 should be on sale now as 7G Silver is coming out in few weeks!

Monitor Audio Silver 100 HiFi Speaker Review

I haven`t heard that model, only the tower Silvers which i liked and would have bought if they would been cheaper. I haven`t heard anyone here at AVF disliking the Silver 100. We have quite many owners for those speakers. Semms very enjoyable, just enough sparkle and should have nice amount of weight/depth due to size. They not small! Reviews are always positive, but for the S100 they are highly praising. If you have local MA dealer near you, go listen them! It´s very tricky to buy blind as we don`t know what type of sound you like. Try to listen Dali Oberon / Opticon too if you can. I have a feeling either of these two brands could be something you like, but it`s just a guess so you need to hear them...

Notice these S100 should be on sale now as 7G Silver is coming out in few weeks!

Yes. The Silver 100 now is on sale for 616 Euro.

Not bad the RP600M, but for me not enough detail with music.

Elac FS247.4 is on sale too. From 2000 Euro to 1115.

Haha, I thinked about Azur is a cheaper AV for Elac FS247.4 to enough power handling the speakers.

Maybe the cable is more important with Elac too, not good the cheaper cable for this speakers.

I think I will probably test the Elac 247

What cable do you suggest for this?
DCsk is out of stock every cable on Amazon.

I dont need cable plug or something, I could simply attach the cable to the speakers and the AV.

For me would better cable, which I could buy roll.

Any suggest?

No need to be anything special. 2,5mm2 / AWG14 thickness and look that it says Oxygen Free Copper / OFC (no CCA). Doesn´t need to be expensive.

Best would be to get them for home demo so you could listen them with your amp in your room. They are so expensive that it would be very risky to buy blind. They won´t be run with budget amp in the hifi shop or if person selling them he likely has expensive amp with them.

No need to be anything special. 2,5mm2 / AWG14 thickness and look that it says Oxygen Free Copper / OFC (no CCA). Doesn´t need to be expensive.

Best would be to get them for home demo so you could listen them with your amp in your room. They are so expensive that it would be very risky to buy blind. They won´t be run with budget amp in the hifi shop or if person selling them he likely has expensive amp with them.
Ok thank you.

Could you please suggest to me for Elac 247.4 an AV?

I thinked about Azur 751R V2.

Other suggest?

I searched for CXR200 or CXR120 but at the moment nothing on second hand market.

Ok thank you.

Could you please suggest to me for Elac 247.4 an AV?

I thinked about Azur 751R V2.

Other suggest?

I searched for CXR200 or CXR120 but at the moment nothing on second hand market.

Those are so old gear that i would be scared to buy.. Save up for newer one. If you buy such expensive speakers then you need some good amp too. Do you still use 1080p tv cause those receivers are jesus time with old connections. If they die then it´s money wasted or big repair bill.

Did you listen the Elacs? The center channel will be expensive to add later, make sure you can afford that one. Go listen different speakers in hifi shop, do not buy blind such expensive products.

Those are so old gear that i would be scared to buy.. Save up for newer one. If you buy such expensive speakers then you need some good amp too. Do you still use 1080p tv cause those receivers are jesus time with old connections. If they die then it´s money wasted or big repair bill.

Did you listen the Elacs? The center channel will be expensive to add later, make sure you can afford that one. Go listen different speakers in hifi shop, do not buy blind such expensive products.
I would buy the 247.4, and 241.4 center, and 243.4 surrounds too.
Full of 5.0

Last week I bought the SVS SB2000. :D

Yes, this is an old AV receiver, but it has Toroidal 1700W transformator

The new AV has only 300-400W output power, and everyone said, the newer AV has not better sound quality than old ones.

The Azur 751R V2 uses the oldest and weakest Audussey room correction which is unuseable. It has good amount of power, but again it´s very old with hdmi 1.4a connections so no 4K support (hdmi 2.0 hdcp 2.2). It`s quite darn old and bigger risk it can die / repair would cost too much.

What would be your budget for the av-receiver if you could save up for newer one? Can you find any newer Yamahas, example RX-A1050, RX-A2050, RX-A3050? Most reliable brand and only one i could imagine buying personally as used.

Forget those wattages as someone has not told you how they are measured in first place. The differences are fairly small. It´s useless to compare power consumptions from the back of units as they are measured different way.

Great to hear you got the SB2000! :smashin:

The Azur 751R V2 uses the oldest and weakest Audussey room correction which is unuseable. It has good amount of power, but again it´s very old with hdmi 1.4a connections so no 4K support (hdmi 2.0 hdcp 2.2). It`s quite darn old and bigger risk it can die / repair would cost too much.

What would be your budget for the av-receiver if you could save up for newer one? Can you find any newer Yamahas, example RX-A1050, RX-A2050, RX-A3050? Most reliable brand and only one i could imagine buying personally as used.

Forget those wattages as someone has not told you how they are measured in first place. The differences are fairly small. It´s useless to compare power consumptions from the back of units as they are measured different way.

Great to hear you got the SB2000! :smashin:
As this document said, the v2 version has support 4K.: https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/site...des/751r_v2_top_tips_english_single_pages.pdf

I like the toroidal transformer because it has all channels stable power.
The Azur 751R:
200 watts rms per channel, 6 ohms (two channels driven)
170 watts rms per channel, 8 ohms (two channels driven)
120 watts rms per channel, 8 ohms (all 7 channels driven)
Ok, I only will use 5 channels when home theater mode
but other AV's document only said 1 or max 2 channels driven.
The Yamaha RX-A2050
  • 140 W per channel (8 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 0.06 % THD, 2 ch driven)
  • 220 W per channel (4 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 1 ch driven [European Model]
  • 220 W per channel (8 ohms, 1kHz, 10% THD, 1ch driven)

I dont find at the moment RX-A1050-A2050-A3050

I dont know what I would buy 600-800 euro

As this document said, the v2 version has support 4K.: https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/site...des/751r_v2_top_tips_english_single_pages.pdf

I like the toroidal transformer because it has all channels stable power.
The Azur 751R:
200 watts rms per channel, 6 ohms (two channels driven)
170 watts rms per channel, 8 ohms (two channels driven)
120 watts rms per channel, 8 ohms (all 7 channels driven)
Ok, I only will use 5 channels when home theater mode
but other AV's document only said 1 or max 2 channels driven.
The Yamaha RX-A2050
  • 140 W per channel (8 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 0.06 % THD, 2 ch driven)
  • 220 W per channel (4 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 1 ch driven [European Model]
  • 220 W per channel (8 ohms, 1kHz, 10% THD, 1ch driven)

I dont find at the moment RX-A1050-A2050-A3050

I dont know what I would buy 600-800 euro

The unit has hdmi 1.4a connections which are too old. Hdmi 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 is required if you have 4K tv and bluray player so that means newer receiver like the Yamahas. Don`t get too hung up on the wattages as you will be fine with all those versions i mentioned when you run 5.1 system with good subwoofer. You won`t be playing those Elac floorstanders full range with movies!

If you can`t find Aventage (RX-A) 50 serie, check if there is newer RX-A1060, A2060, A3060 available or 70 serie, but they will naturally cost bit more.

That budget is not enough for new receiver that i had in mind. It would cost roughly 1200€.

Better to save up and look better deals on black friday/cyber monday (next month) or christmas time if you dedice on new. If used then have to just keep looking.

The unit has hdmi 1.4a connections which are too old. Hdmi 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 is required if you have 4K tv and bluray player so that means newer receiver like the Yamahas. Don`t get too hung up on the wattages as you will be fine with all those versions i mentioned when you run 5.1 system with good subwoofer. You won`t be playing those Elac floorstanders full range with movies!

If you can`t find Aventage (RX-A) 50 serie, check if there is newer RX-A1060, A2060, A3060 available or 70 serie, but they will naturally cost bit more.

That budget is not enough for new receiver that i had in mind. It would cost roughly 1200€.

Better to save up and look better deals on black friday/cyber monday (next month) or christmas time if you dedice on new. If used then have to just keep looking.

I will probably buy a Denon X3700H on black friday.

I will probably buy a Denon X3700H on black friday.

Good! It`s probably most balanced option out there giving you all the new features you can think of in 2021, including the Atmos height virtualization with 5.1 speakers! Preouts for poweramp/integrated stereo amp, room correction system which helps to get your speakers and sub sound good, plenty of power to run your Elac system loud (proven performace with low impedance loads), 40Gbps hdmi 2.1 board if you want to add the new gaming consoles. The hdmi 2.1 bug is fixed, but make sure your unit is made after May! Ask your dealer to check the number of your unit so you get the "fixed" unit.

Read this:

PS. You don`t need to necessarily buy the same brand surround speakers as they like cost lot! So you have bit more options there for the effect channels. Depending of your room/couch location something different may work better as in either direct radiating speakers or bipole type speakers which create more diffused 180degree soundfield. Example the Klipsch RP-504S / Monitor Audio Bronze/Silver FX. Elac also has the cheaper OW4.2 low depth on wall surround speakers. Plenty of options IF you feel the Elac FS speakers are too expensive..

PS2. Get some thick rug/carpet in front of your speakers (front three) on the floor if there isn´t one as i can´t see fully from the picture.

Good! It`s probably most balanced option out there giving you all the new features you can think of in 2021, including the Atmos height virtualization with 5.1 speakers! Preouts for poweramp/integrated stereo amp, room correction system which helps to get your speakers and sub sound good, plenty of power to run your Elac system loud (proven performace with low impedance loads), 40Gbps hdmi 2.1 board if you want to add the new gaming consoles. The hdmi 2.1 bug is fixed, but make sure your unit is made after May! Ask your dealer to check the number of your unit so you get the "fixed" unit.

Read this:

PS. You don`t need to necessarily buy the same brand surround speakers as they like cost lot! So you have bit more options there for the effect channels. Depending of your room/couch location something different may work better as in either direct radiating speakers or bipole type speakers which create more diffused 180degree soundfield. Example the Klipsch RP-504S / Monitor Audio Bronze/Silver FX. Elac also has the cheaper OW4.2 low depth on wall surround speakers. Plenty of options IF you feel the Elac FS speakers are too expensive..

PS2. Get some thick rug/carpet in front of your speakers (front three) on the floor if there isn´t one as i can´t see fully from the picture.
I bought the Elac Speakers. :D
They are awesome!!!

I bought Carpet too.

Now its time to warm up the speakers.

But they sent wrong surrounds..
They sent to me white Elac 243.4 :(

I sent it back, and waiting for the black ones.

Sounds good, and better than Klipsch.

In the future I should change the AVR too.

Edit1:
Of course I will build a stand for a center, this is now temporary :D

Edit2: And I bought AC cable by Supra for AVR and the SUB.

And bought SVS Soundpath RCA SUB cable too.

Attachments

• IMG_20211018_211818.jpg
    IMG_20211018_211818.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20211018_211829.jpg
    IMG_20211018_211829.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20211017_002509.jpg
    IMG_20211017_002509.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 32

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?